Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sprinter is da man, eh

Options
Fireball
Fireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Your Calzone dough and Calzone filling are, simply put, the best anyone in this household has ever had. I need to purchase a 12 inch BGE pizza stone. The firebrick set up in my medium is a little small, the 12 inch stone will give me a little more cooking area. Than I can do two at a time. Sprinter you are the Barrister of Bread, the Captain of Calzone, and the Prince of Pizza. Thank you very much for these recipes. Just one more food item we will be staying home to eat.
Fireball

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Fireball,[p]I'm humbled by the post. Thanks for the kind words. Glad that you and your family like the calzones, they're a big hit around her also.[p]I have a rack of pork ribs on the egg as we speak, looking forward to those this evening. Last night was a whole pork loin, just rubbed and cooked direct at 350 till done. Nothing special but sometimes those are the best cooks.[p]Thanks again.[p]Troy
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    sprinter, where did I read "and the meek shall inherit the world"? I have to agree with "da fireman"..Calzone is great. I will try your dough zinger next time also.
    BTW..that Anadama bread is tasty..! Had a beautiful uniform crust, identical top and bottom. I did cheat a bit and put some melted Ghee on the top after pulling it.
    C~W

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Just popped in for a second, on the way over to the inlaws for some figgie miggies, I'm bringing a rack of egg ribs. Not sure what will be better, its really hard to beat a good steak but I've been working in the yard all day and smelling them ribs, its going to be close on this one.[p]Glad to hear that the bread turned out well. But you got me on one thing CW, what the heck is "Ghee"?[p]Troy
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    sprinter, Indian clarified butter...see Spin and Rhum&Jerk or (?) posts down in the postings..about 10 days or two weeks ago..Great stuff.