Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rib roast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody know how long a 6lb rib roast should take at 250-275?

Comments

• NoleGirl
    NoleGirl Posts: 33
    Options
    tony3xl,
    I too am preparing to cook my first Standing rib roast tonight. I've been checking out the forum, and I found 2 different recipes that I liked. Go to links and click on Tim M's webpage, also GFW's page. Both are great. Also Dr. Chicken has a recipe that is highly touted under new recipes. I think all of them recommend cooking between 375-400, and using a polder or meat them. to make sure you don't over cook. Godd Luck!!! Lisa

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    NoleGirl,
    Don't use a polder if you follow my posted recipe. The recipe calls for 500 degree dome temps and I can speak from experience, it will very quickly fry your polder probe.[p]Just a note of caution if I might say so![p]Good luck on the cook. The Calzones go on the Egg in about 40 minutes! Yes! We like late dinners. :-)))[p]
    Dr. Chicken