Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow Turkey looks good

Options
Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Right now the Thighs are at 161 and the breast are at 159. Thanks Max for the ice bag tip.[p]FYI: The Bird is stuffed. I had some left over and put it in small bread baking tins. Covered it with foil. Baked about an hour. The stuffing was delicious and did taste like smoke.[p]Pictures to come with finished bird.

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]ready.jpg[p]In the Egg ready to cook. [p]done.jpg[p]Out of the Egg Ready to Eat
  • AZ Traveler
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Awesome. That looks really good. I must not have been in the house when you called to invite me over. LOL Great job. AZ
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    AZ Traveler,[p] I tried to call Max, but apparently he was hiding up in NY.[p]For those that Care: The stuffin' in the bird was not smoky at all. With the was I had the bird trussed up very little of it was actually exposed to smoke.[p]I have never had a moister bird, so THANKS!!! Max for the ice suggestion.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    hi pete . ..
    glad the bird turned out so good. ...i always say, if nothing else, do the ice bag...[p]what else did you do to it btw? . .. did you make gravy? .. ..

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p] I always make gravy :) Your recipe for gravy isn't a whole lot different then mine. I mix my roux with part soy flour to keep the glycemic rating down. [p]If you noticed the time stamp on the picture it finished last night at 10:30 or so. The bird, stuffing and gravy are in the refrigerator for dinner tonight.[p][p]
  • EdF
    EdF Posts: 121
    Options
    CW,

Did you put the stuffing in from the start, or a bit later? I usually do the bit later thing when I cook the bird in the oven as it speeds up the cook time substantially. Just strategising for this year's cook in the egg.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    good stuff. .. btw, meant to say that the pictures are outstanding!! . . .[p]did you really try to call? .. .i had the cell phone on all day and didn't notice anything. . .i will definitely be available next week . .

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p] Thanks. I think for the next bird I will document the whole process. From the Stuffing to the Final product. Maybe I'll get as famous as you :) [p] The call comment was a joke, but I would have invited you to partake.[p]