Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest Substitute:FieryFoods Show (hah!)

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was getting kind of grouchy hearing a lot of you Easters and Midwesters talking about your various Eggtoberfests, etc., happening this spring. OK...sour grapes. But here goes, I'll be at the 13th annual "National Fiery Foods Show".. a two day extravaganza dedicated to cooking with the God-sent chiles of every variety...
I'll hang for two or three hours, or until the beer can't extinguish the flames anymore. Stay tuned on Monday for full details on my long-awaited Tenderloin recipe. Can I blow my own horn any louder? Anyway, You guys and gals are all great. Keep up the good work...I'm proud to be part of the group...and can't wait to make it to an Eggfest!!
Big Murth

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Big Murth, I exhibited at the very first Fiery Foods Show in Albuquerque and many more after that. That was where my dog, Nutmeg, wearing her signature 3 strands of pearls was nicknamed "The First Lady of Jerk". Sadly, the new owners of Mrs. Dog's have no interest in such things.
    Have a blast! JCA

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Big Murth, o.k. old "Torch Tongue"! We will look for ya. You cooking red hots there?
    C~W[p]

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Howdy,I was just out in cyberspace slumming around,mainly in refdesk.com the food and recipes section and spotted a site that reminded me of you.You might already know about it,but it was pretty neat in a hot sorta way,name was: firegirl.com. Lots of good info in refdesk.Have a good nite. Bob

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    xxfest032.jpg
    <p />Big Murth,[p]I will look for the tenderloin recipe monday -- I guess it will be something like "Fire Torture Tenderloin" or "Tormenting Tenderloin" or "Pyrotechnic Tenderloin".[p]As far as Eggfest2001 (http://www.tm52.com/eggfest) in Waldorf, Md April 27-28, 2001 Last year we had Bambi from Calf, Molly Shark from Texas, Barb/Earl & BBQfan1 from Canada and others I am forgetting from other places that required a plane ride. Anyone wanting to come can get here to be a part of Eggfest2001 and the fun of 15+ Eggs cooking away.[p]As NB would say, Yeee-Haaa! Should be a fun couple days.[p]Picture is Nature Boy slicing up his brisket -- the food line is forming and they look hungry and mean![p]Tim
    [ul][li]
    EGGFEST2001
    [/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    Man, that was fun. Bunch of folks in this shot. Mr. Toad on the left, not sure who is just to the left of him. Then there is Teslamania in the background, then isn't that Carry (Sundown) and his sidekick?? then Jobu and Mrs. Jobu in the back parked in chairs, JimW directly behind me....and dang, I forget his name over on the right. Then laying on the cutting board is the knife that MikeO almost took his finger off with a few months ago. Sure did a number on that brisket!! Yeeeee Ha!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Hope I get to "meat" some of you guys sooner than later, hopefully at an Eggfest. I have a daughter attending boarding school back East (Virginia)---perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone and good timing! You're
    killin' me!! Thanks for all your input. Tomorrow........
    13th Annual Fiery Foods Show---I'm stocking up on the ice cream now!!
    Big Murth in New Mexico

• Big Murth,
    Yes. I would recommend that if you are in the area around that time, that you should attend. Especially if you can get both of those birds with one stone. 2 or 3 stones might even be worth it.[p]Hope to see you there!
    NB