Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe HELP!

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Butt went on at 7PM last night and is happily smoking away as we speak. It is going good, but I did have to reload the lump around 10AM. The Turkey will get deep-fried this afternoon.[p]Here is where I need help… I want to deep fry veggies after the turkey. I cannot find any recipes to do this. I am also going to make own Jalapeno poppers. Does any one have a batter recipe??[p]Thanks in Advance,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    I found one and I will fill everyone in later. Have to get everything else ready now.[p]Signing Off,
    RhumAndJerk [p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    I sure like that recipe, if you don't mind sharin' it! Also, if you've got a recipe for chili rellanos (sp)I'd sure like it too![p]Dr. C

• Guru of Grease
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    I do have a pepper recipe I do that everyone raves about...got if from a woman named Dixie from New Orleans.
    Use medium sized Jalapeno's, cut top off and get seeds out, stuff with a medium shrimp, thin slice of jack cheese (or your favorite), wrap with bacon (can be partially precooked), run a toothpick thru it (wooden) and grill until bacon is done. If you grill too much the cheese will be gone, main purpose is flavor and hold a little moisture to shrimp. The key is to cook until the pepper is tender.

• DS
    DS Posts: 15
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    take your pick for the Jalapeno poppers?

[ul][li]Jalapeno poppers[/ul]
  • RhumAndJerk
    Options
    DS,
    That is almost exactly what I used. The batter recipe that I found was a from a Chiles Rellenos recipe. The change came in by adding 3 tbs. of flour and 1 tbs. of water to the 3 egg yolks. There was some salt added to the yolks. [p]I cut each pepper in half and filled the center with cream cheese. I then floured and dipped them. After the peppers were done, in went the mushrooms.[p]I had to make another batch of batter, so this time instead of water I used beer. I also ground some white pepper into the dredging flour. As the E-Man says, “I don’t know where you buy your flour but mine does not come seasoned … Bammm.” Then in went more mushroom, zucchini and some cauliflower.[p]The final deep fried food went over the best … Blue Potato Chips.
    Simply put, I thinly sliced some Blue Potatoes and deep-fried them. They turned out great.[p]All of this was fried after I took the turkey out. I was dark and snowing as I finished by flashlight.[p]RhumAndJerk[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,
    See above.
    RhumAndJerk