Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggceptional weekend - bacon and steak

Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We made our own Canadian and buckboard bacon and one of the best steaks I've ever had. Here're are the pics and details:[p]www.ramblekatz.com/Dave/davesgeek_BGE.html
www.ramblekatz.com/Dave/davesgeek_BGE.html[p]We just love cooking the the egg. Thanks to everyone here for their advice/recipes/ideas. [p]Dave

[ul][li]http://www.ramblekatz.com/Dave/davesgeek_BGE.html[/ul]

Comments

• Dave,
    Great web-site... looks like you are off to a great start... I did notice one thing though... if you are really lookin to kick up your cooking and the flavor of your food try this link ...[p]www.dizzypigbbq.com[p]The guys that run in are EGGERS so I guess in a way you are supporting the community.

• Dave,
    Great page and tutorial. Welcome to the Egging community! It's great fun. One word of caution/advice for you though, I noticed that you built your pizza on the stone and then put it in the preheated Egg. You got lucky, you want to allow the stone to come up to temp with the Egg by placing it in as soon as you light the fire.
    It makes for crispier crust, and prevents the stone from cracking due to thermal shock. Egg's are great, but not bullet proof, a little precaution will keep the egg safe, and you eatin' good for many years to come!
    Cheers, and keep up the great posting!
    David in Oklahoma

• Dave
    Good Eats,[p]Thanks! I agree with you about the Dizzy Pig folks. I followed their recommendations on time/temp when smoking the bacon. I've already put one of their sampler pack on my Christmas wish list. [p]Dave

• Dave
    SuperDave,[p]Glad you like our site and thanks for the heads up on the stone. Gotta get a peel. Does the same caution hold true for the plate setter? Sometimes I switch from direct to indirect on the fly, putting the cold plate setter on an already hot egg, and I wouldn't want that the break with a load of food on it. [p]Thanks again,[p]Dave

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Dave,
    Very nice! You guys look like you are really enjoying the Egg. -RP