Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long for the egg's fire to get to FULL BLAST?

Green_Giant
Green_Giant Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm wondering how long you usually allow for your egg's fire to fully light to "full blast"...Last night I refilled the fire box with fresh lump, and lit it using 3x pieces of fire starter. I opened up top and bottom vents, and was cooking burgers about 30 mins later. [p]BTW, I was cooking burgers according to a pal's recipe: 1+" thick burgers, get egg at full blast, cook at wide open for 3 mins, turn them over and close all vents & let "dwell" for 12 mins for a medium burger. [p]Anyway, I did not feel like the egg was really hot enough last night, as the burgers were still rare after 15 mins. (I did not pay attention to the thermometer!) I had to keep them on some additional cooking, and after 5+ mins they were fine. [p]I left the egg's top open so that I could do more cooking if my guests wanted (they didn't). When dinner was done I came out to a top open roaring fire! [p]I'm thinking in the future that I should allow 45 minutes with the top open to get the fire erally roaring before putting on the burgers. Any thoughts? THANKS

Comments