Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Re-heat

Options
AndyR
AndyR Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'll be doing some ribs (spares - St. Louis) tonight for a gathering tomorrow. What's the best way to re-heat them? I'll have a gas grill and oven at my disposal with plenty of sauce. Thanks to all.[p]AndyR

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    AndyR,[p]Are you reheating them in a few hours or after a visit to the frig??[p]If after the frig, I sometimes wrap loosely in foil and reheat and sometimes just nuke them in the micro. Both work but the micro is easier unless you're doing a lot (like a rack or so).[p]Tim
  • AndyR
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Yep, there going into the fridge. Will microwaving them make them soggy?[p]AndyR
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    AndyR,[p]No, don't place them in anything covered. They don't take long to nuke. This was a tip I first saw posted by JJ so maybe he will jump in. Normally a rack of ribs never makes it from the table at diner but the few that do are most often inhaled by the 18 yr old bottomless pit the next day. He just nukes them on a plate for a minute or so. Add some warmed dipping sauce as well.[p]Tim
  • AndyR
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Have you tried warming them on a low grill, brushing with sauce?[p]AndyR
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    AndyR,[p]I've had good results reheating whole slabs, unfoiled and bone side down, in a slow (250) oven - just until a thin skewer stuck into the meat comes out hot and the surface has barely begun to sizzle. Undercooking them slightly the first time will give you a buffer against overcooking.[p]Cathy
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Cat!
    Nice to see you back. Hope your schedule is becoming less crazy. Sounds like a great way to reheat ribs. [p]BTW, I thought I would mention to AndyR that when you say "sightly" undercook them, you probably mean just that. Don't go overboard (or underboard) with the undercooking part. You still want to get them fork tender on your first cook. [p]Great weekend to ya Cathy.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cat
    Options
    Hiya Chris![p]No less crazy, unfortunately...and no Egging for a while thanks to a (relatively minor) house fire that closed off access to my garden.[p]Right on the 'slightly' - that's a technical term. ;-} The good news about spares is they're fattier and therefore a bit more forgiving than babies, so they should reheat successfully even if fully cooked.[p]Great weekend to you too -[p]Cathy

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    Cat,
    Good luck in whatever you're doing, but I gotta hope you'll be back sooner rather than later.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cat,
    House fire? Hope it was not serious. Even "minor house fire" has a nasty sound to it. At least you are okay. Best wishes on getting back to normal soon. These longer days seem to help mentally (at least with me). Once you get that "egg therapy" goin, things'll be mo betta. Glad you popped in on us.[p]Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cat
    Options
    Thanks, Hillard. I hope so too! Gonna try to make Eggfest, if things calm down a bit.

• Cat
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Seems my cleaning lady was smoking a cigarette, and an ash fell on the back door jamb - the house is over 100 years old, and that ancient wood went up like...lump charcoal! Burned a hell of a hole in the floor, which is being ripped out & replaced.[p]My husband says it's a good thing the fire marshall who came to investigate didn't look out back and see my Egg collection! A no-no in Manhattan.[p]Thanks for your concern. Looking forward to spring myself.[p]Cathy[p]
  • Cat,[p]I'm glad to see you posting again - also glad the fire marshall didn't spot your EGGS. Whew! Hope things calm down enough for you to make "Eggfest" and of couse "Eggtoberfest". Love You!
    Brenda