Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck night update

ronbeaux
ronbeaux Posts: 988
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ducks001.jpg
<p />I know I know
I'm cheating. But I figured that since everyone is telling me that wild ducks with no skin will have very little fat. Not to mention they probably flew from Canada to Louisiana and burned off whatever fat they did have, what the heck! I got the place to myself with plenty of ducks, plenty of beer, and plenty of time. So I figure... I got two eggs so I'll set one up at 325 indirect(the large) and the other at 250 also indirect (the small) throw in some maple wood chips, put on some real loud Cajun music and tend to both at the same time.[p]Pictures of results later.

Comments

• ronbeaux,[p]I'm impressed with your cooks. Can't wait to catch up with you at one of the eggfest next year. AZ
  • ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    AZ Traveler,
    Thanks![p]Right about now I'm confused. The two on at 325 for 1 hour and 10 minutes are at 143 internal and the one on at 250 for the same length of time is about the same. I think what this is telling me is that they are so lean that the lack of internal fat is allowing them to come up to temp without having to go through a plateau???
    I'm wanting to cut one and taste it so bad I can't stand it!!

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    ronbeaux,[p]Sounds like the makings for a large time.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery