Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ginger Mahogany Ribs (PICS)

Options
Newbs
Newbs Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had asked Nature Boy about this recipe and he had said that it had been years since he'd heard of anyone trying them. Here's a tip....
TRY 'EM! They were fantastic. Full of flavour. A very nice change
from the ribs that I usually do. I'm a big fan of Asian influenced
cooking and these ribs were delicious.
Here they are on the grill.[p]dadsmeat.jpg

Waiting to be cut up and served.
ribs.jpg

Ready to be plated.
evenmoreribs.jpg
And finally all plated up with some lemon/chive new potatos and some veggies.
completedmealcomeondad.jpg

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Newbs,
    you need to change your handle from "newbs" to "olds". ..those ribs are beautiful. . .how about posting the recipe here or a link so we know what you did. ...[p]i'm also curious about the tater recipe. ...[p]thanks . .[p]max

• Newbs
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Ha! You are not the first person to tell me to change my handle....but it isn't, and has never been a derivative of
    "New", "Newbie". Its part of my last name...Newbigging.
    Its been my nickname since I was a youngster playing hockey.[p]The rib recipe is a Nature Boy creation...so you know it'll be good.
    Here is the URL for the marinade
    http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/pork0133.htm
    and here is the link for the finishing sauce.

[ul][li]ginger mahogany rib finishing sauce[/ul]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Newbs,
    I have eggperimented using that very concoction on salmon with terrific resluts!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Sorry bout that Max. Forgot the tater recipe.
    Its really simple.
    Here you go.[p]Boil 2lbs of small new potatos and drain.[p]In a bowl, add 2TBSP of olive oil, 1 TBSP of fresh squeezed lemon juice and whisk together. Add salt and
    black pepper to taste and then chop up a bunch of chives or spring onion and toss the whole thing on top of the potatos. Easy, peazy, lemon squeezy.[p]John

• Newbs
    Options
    RRP,[p]I'll have to give that a whirl. Always looking for terrific re"sluts"...ha! As typo-s go...that was a beauty!
    Hope it wasn't Freudian....LOL!
    Cheers,[p]John

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Newbs,
    Hey John, those look great! Did you take advantage of the rib sale that Superstore had a couple weeks ago? I have a few slabs in the freezer held over from that sale that I'll have to cook up. I don't think I've ever tried Chris's rib recipe!! Maybe give it a shot in the next couple days. Have a brisket in the crisper that needs to be used up, so probably an 'overnighter' tonight with that......
    take care,
    Mike/Qfan

• Newbs
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Hi Mike. I got those ribs at the barn. Babybacks for $3.99/lb. Was a great deal. I usually do my ribs with
    the yellow mustard and one of your rubs but Chris's recipe sounded very intriguing so I tried it. Was not disappointed. You should give em a try for sure.
    On the brisket note...I did my first one a couple of weeks ago. It took a long time and I was very nervous that it was going to be dry because the end bits looked dry and the internal temp was only at 175 or so. I peeled off an end bit and it felt like jerky. I tented it with foil for the last hour and a half and when I sliced it up, it was gorgeous. Beautiful smoke ring. Juices running everywhere. Other than the outer tips, it was perfect. I separated the point and did the burnt ends. Put the trimmed tips from the flat in and they were great too.[p]Good luck with tonight's cook Mike...and oh yeah....Big Congrats for the excellent showing at the Jack! [p]Good to hear from you.[p]John