Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ginger Mahogany Ribs (PICS)

NewbsNewbs Posts: 188
edited 8:48PM in EggHead Forum
I had asked Nature Boy about this recipe and he had said that it had been years since he'd heard of anyone trying them. Here's a tip....
TRY 'EM! They were fantastic. Full of flavour. A very nice change
from the ribs that I usually do. I'm a big fan of Asian influenced
cooking and these ribs were delicious.
Here they are on the grill.[p]dadsmeat.jpg

Waiting to be cut up and served.
ribs.jpg

Ready to be plated.
evenmoreribs.jpg
And finally all plated up with some lemon/chive new potatos and some veggies.
completedmealcomeondad.jpg

·

Comments

• Newbs,
    you need to change your handle from "newbs" to "olds". ..those ribs are beautiful. . .how about posting the recipe here or a link so we know what you did. ...[p]i'm also curious about the tater recipe. ...[p]thanks . .[p]max

·
  • NewbsNewbs Posts: 188
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Ha! You are not the first person to tell me to change my handle....but it isn't, and has never been a derivative of
    "New", "Newbie". Its part of my last name...Newbigging.
    Its been my nickname since I was a youngster playing hockey.[p]The rib recipe is a Nature Boy creation...so you know it'll be good.
    Here is the URL for the marinade
    http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/pork0133.htm
    and here is the link for the finishing sauce.

[ul][li]ginger mahogany rib finishing sauce[/ul]
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,837
    Newbs,
    I have eggperimented using that very concoction on salmon with terrific resluts!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Sorry bout that Max. Forgot the tater recipe.
    Its really simple.
    Here you go.[p]Boil 2lbs of small new potatos and drain.[p]In a bowl, add 2TBSP of olive oil, 1 TBSP of fresh squeezed lemon juice and whisk together. Add salt and
    black pepper to taste and then chop up a bunch of chives or spring onion and toss the whole thing on top of the potatos. Easy, peazy, lemon squeezy.[p]John

·
    RRP,[p]I'll have to give that a whirl. Always looking for terrific re"sluts"...ha! As typo-s go...that was a beauty!
    Hope it wasn't Freudian....LOL!
    Cheers,[p]John

·
  • BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Newbs,
    Hey John, those look great! Did you take advantage of the rib sale that Superstore had a couple weeks ago? I have a few slabs in the freezer held over from that sale that I'll have to cook up. I don't think I've ever tried Chris's rib recipe!! Maybe give it a shot in the next couple days. Have a brisket in the crisper that needs to be used up, so probably an 'overnighter' tonight with that......
    take care,
    Mike/Qfan

·
    BBQfan1,[p]Hi Mike. I got those ribs at the barn. Babybacks for $3.99/lb. Was a great deal. I usually do my ribs with
    the yellow mustard and one of your rubs but Chris's recipe sounded very intriguing so I tried it. Was not disappointed. You should give em a try for sure.
    On the brisket note...I did my first one a couple of weeks ago. It took a long time and I was very nervous that it was going to be dry because the end bits looked dry and the internal temp was only at 175 or so. I peeled off an end bit and it felt like jerky. I tented it with foil for the last hour and a half and when I sliced it up, it was gorgeous. Beautiful smoke ring. Juices running everywhere. Other than the outer tips, it was perfect. I separated the point and did the burnt ends. Put the trimmed tips from the flat in and they were great too.[p]Good luck with tonight's cook Mike...and oh yeah....Big Congrats for the excellent showing at the Jack! [p]Good to hear from you.[p]John

·