Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Excellent Pork Tenderloin

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked a pork tenderloin last night that was my best ever. This is one of those tenderloins that comes in a shrink wrapped package, usually in two pieces. Sunday afternoon I made a marinade that consisted of: roughly two tbls (I didn't measure - I just mixed and tasted) of honey, soy sauce, white vinegar, dry sherry, hoisin sauce. I added some fresh chopped garlic and ginger, dash of cayenne pepper, sugar, black pepper, Shiracha (I think that's how it's spelled, it's a thick red Asian chili sauce) and sesame oil. I put the tenderloins in a ziploc bag and poured the marinade over it.[p]Last night I took the tenderloins out of the bag and put them on a plate. I boiled the remaining marinade and added some more honey, soy, hoisin, sherry and vinegar. I out the tenderloins on the egg direct, with a couple of apple chunks at around 250. After about 15 minutes the temp went up to almost 400. I kept it at 350/400 for most of the cooking time. I basted and turned them every ten minutes or so. When the smaller one got to around 160, I added some more honey to what was left of the marinade mixture, and used that as a glaze. I shut both vents and left the tenderloins on for a few minutes. I took them out and sliced some of the small one. It was for tender, sweet, smoky, tangy and spicy. Perfect with some yellow rice. I ended up eating all of the smaller piece last night. Some of the bigger one will be tonight's dinner.[p]I have used a similar marinade for Chinese style spare ribs, and I think it works even better for tenderloin. Try it some time!

Comments