Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tasty Small Brisket

Green_Giant
Green_Giant Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a terrific small brisket tonight. After cooking - and wasting - full briskets I bought a small 2 pounder (I forget it that's a flat or point). Very lean with only a little bit of a fat cap on one side. [p]I scored both sides and marinated overnight in chopped onion and garlic, red wine vinegar, honey and brown sugar, worchestershire, and chili powder. [p]I rubbed with "bone sucking sauce" and brown sugar. Egg was set up with plate setter, a drip pan of the marinade plus water, and a second tier rack. Egged it at 250 until 160 internal. Foiled with rice wine vinegar, apple juice, and some BBQ sauce at 350 until internal temp reached 200. Removed from foil, sauced, and cooked another half hour at 250 before shutting the egg down. [p]Lots of work for a small roast, but was tender and tasty! Dickson

Comments