Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roamin' Buffalo

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I strolled past the meat counter at Wally's today, two buffalo steaks roamed into my cart. Question is: how to cook them? I have no experience with buffalo. In general terms, we prefer our beef rare. Will T-Rex give us a good result?[p]TIA
Ken

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    buffalo3.jpg
    <p />BlueSmoke,
    That is a pic of tri-tip. Rare is absolutely the best. TRex should be great.[p]My buffalo source is just a couple miles from the house.[p]buffalo1.jpg[p]I only eat buffalo a couple times a year but sure is good.[p]Mike

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    agree with car wash mike, we prefer med. rare and trex works.

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]I've got 2 bison ribeyes sitting in the fridge waiting for the evening meal. If the weather is not too nasty, I will T-Rex 'em on the Egg, or pan sear them on the range if it is. Because most bison meat has so little fat in or on it, its really easy to get dry meat. Don't press down on them if possible. Having some sauteed onion or mushrooms on the side gives you a little cushion in the event that the meat is cooked a little too long.[p]If you don't like rare or medium rare, you can either brine or marinade bison steaks, and they will turn out fine at medium done. [p]gdenby

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Have a nice meal.[p]Mike

[ul][li]Bison[/ul]