Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have just purchased My SECOND EGG!!

Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted earlier, but I guess it didn't get delivered to the Forum. I succumbed to the hysterical panic that set in and picked up a Mini today. A couple of questions: The floor model at my dealer, seemed to have a more intricate hinge system, with something extra to depress for closure of the dome. Are there earlier "and" later versions of the mini that have been made? Also, it seems that since the hinges are stiff (to ensure the dome from slamming down) that whenever you open or close, the whole mini wobbles around. The iron table stand and also the iron floor stand is priced at $49.00, almost half as much as the Egg itself. Also, if I set the Mini on the feet that came with the Large, and put it on top of an old glass patio table, will the heat be too much for the glass, when I'm power-cooking some ribeyes? Any suggestions...much appreciated as always.
Big Murth

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Big Murth,
    Forget the glass - repalce it with a piece of marble or granite or something metal. I burned my mini almost all the way through my favorite maple BBQ board. Have fun! JCA

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Big Murth, if you're the least bit handy with a saw and drill, make your own table. I just made two (one for me and one for my brother) for a total material cost of $40 ($20 each). It's basically the same plan as for the larger eggs but only 20"by30" by 30" high. And I agree with you, those hinges are stiff.