Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have just purchased my SECOND EGG!!

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, I succumbed to the panic, building in Eggdom. Couple of questions:
Is there a newer "and" older version of the mini, insofar as the hinge apparatus is concerned? Looks like my dealer's floor model hinges were a little different, and had an extra place to push them back for closure. Also, on the patio (concrete), I've got an old glass table that isn't pretty anymore that we throw stuff on, that would be a good height for my new Mini. If I use the feet from my Large (as J Appledog suggested!) under the mini, will it heat up the glass on the table when I'm power-cooking some ribeyes?? Besides the hinge design variation, if one exists...it seems that the hinges are pretty stiff, of course, to keep the dome from slamming down---but it seems that it's easy to get the mini to wobble a bit. The dealer wants $49 for either the iron table stand or the taller floor stand..same price. OK
--maybe more than a couple of questions. Thanks guys and gals..again
p.s. to J Appledog: Any suggestions on how I "give" the Mini to my wife (it's still in the back of the Jeep)?? Fill it with flowers, expensive vodka, tickets to Hawaii??? Help!!

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Big Murth, It would depend on the glass.
    I have used a blowtorch to soften glaze around window panes, and never broke one yet. But always a first time. I think, if the stand is sturdy enuff a thin sheet of marble would work. But to get really safe, make a wood stand like perhaps WiseOne has available. He was going to post a pic pretty soon. He has good design ideas. I like sturdy and solid to hold my cookers.
    Keep some air space in any case. Or a base of sand or pea rock.
    Too bad they don't make these things in the shape of valentines. Then the whole meaning changes..heeeyaaa.
    Good luck
    C~W[p]

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Big Murth, Like I posted earlier, I bought my wife a new lawn and garden tractor for Valentines Day. Guess that won't work? Maybe a few twice baked tators on it, I got a killer recipe.[p]CWM

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    Big Murth,
    I apologize for starting the panic!!!!!! I just hope I get the Mini that I ordered!!!!! Maybe BGE owes me a discount. Ha Ha Ha!![p]Just bring the mini in the house and say "happy egg day". Then duck!
    Fireball

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Fireball, U like your approach..I will try that and see if it works..:-)
    C~W

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Big Murth, can you put it in big wicker basket filled with fake grass and tell her, "Happy Easter Dear" ?
    Might work?
    maybe not. ;)
    ChefRD

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Big Murth,
    All of the above sound good to me!
    JCA

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    small_in_stand.jpg
    <p />Big Murth,
    This is a picture of the stand i made for my mini egg,i bought the folding bar stool from Wal-Mart for about $10.00.[p]Larry

[ul][li]Folding Stand[/ul]