Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Daisy Wheel Question

Options
Fireball
Fireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there a Daisy Wheel made for the Mini? I have heard both yes and no.
Thank you.
Fireball

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    slidetops.jpg
    <p />Fireball,[p]I have one for my small Egg that would probably work on the mini but I think most cooking on it is done at full speed.[p]Tim
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Fireball,
    The mini temp can be controlled with just the bottom vent. It takes a little practice but it works just fine. Either Chef Rd or Fingers had a top for the small that he had made. JCA

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    minihat.jpg
    <p />Fireball,
    This is a picture of the sliding top i made for my mini egg,it works good.[p]Larry

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    J Appledog, yer a long time "pullet egg" user and I am anxious to get mine to test all the buttons.
    I wonder how a inverted small flower pot with the hole in the bottom would work for a top vent control with the lower ash vent for main control? For low and slow possibilities of course..like 5 to 8 hour rib cooks. Ect.
    ??
    C~W[p]

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Char-Woody, That's what people love about you, always thinking. Would probably work wonderfully and I'm glad you'll let us know once you get your new addition. Painter

• Char-Woody
    Options
    YB, and that thermometer spacer is also interesting..good job.
    C~W[p]

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Painter, Thanks, but when it comes to "thinking" I will have to quote Ed Fisher, the owner of BGE when he told me, "its amazing to him how many different ways this forum group can innovate" in using the BGE".
    Just glad to be a part of the scene...
    Cheers...
    C~W[p]

• Charly
    Charly Posts: 23
    Options
    Fireball,
    You can use a daisy wheel for your new Mini.Buy a daisy wheel for a small and also some BGE gasket material.One side of the gasket will be self-adhesive,which you will wrap the "inside" of the daisy collar with.Keep wrapping and fitting until the collar is snug and it won't fall off when you open the dome.Once your finished it will look and cook like any other larger egg.You might also want to get another mini cooking grid if you want to egg anything indirect,I had a hard time finding an after market grid that was small enough.I hope this helps and you enjoy your new toy.

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Great idea, Char-Woody, but if I were to do a low & slow smoke I'd use a bigger egg so I could put more on it. JCA

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Thanks,you will love the mini.Wal-Mart sells a folding bar stool that makes a great stand for the mini.[p]Larry

• Char-Woody
    Options
    YB, your right..that was another of yoru inspirations..I do have a small chimnea stand that will accept the mini I think. Earl shows one on the ice in Canada. Same thing.
    C~W[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Charly,
    That is exactly what I use.
    R&J[p]