Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brinkman Smoke ’N Grill

Options
Anyone looking to upgrade from BGE to a Brinkman?  I just stumbled across this sweet deal on eBay.  This was the first model of smoker I ever bought.  I picked it up in person at Home Depot for $50 and thereby avoided the $113.05 shipping fees listed here!  The first thing I ever cooked on it was a 4lb. corned beef brisket.  I had no idea what I was doing and I don’t think the dog would have eaten that corned beef.  

XL  Central Ohio

Comments

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Only $113.05 for shipping? Obviously this is a far superior deal to an Egg, or even a Lang or Shirley offset. BUY BUY BUY!
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Where do you plug it in?
    NOLA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Where do you plug it in?
    no plug in....it uses Solar power. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Where do you plug it in?
    no plug in....it uses Solar power. 
    cool!
    NOLA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    I wonder how tree rat turns out in one of those things.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    My first attempt at smoking ribs in 1976 was on a similar unit. Smoked many ribs, turkey and chicken over a decade before it rusted and the electrical unit fizzled out. 
    IL 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I have the real deal, A Weber Smokey Mountain. I wouldn't take any Brinkman product if it was free. Well maybe if it was free. I could use it for target practice or something.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Options
    My Smoke ‘N Grill didn’t have the electric starter coil with it - but I don’t think it would have functioned any better if it had, I didn’t have any idea about what I was doing at that point.   I shouldnt crap on it too much, it was definitely my “gateway drug” to the financial burden that bbq is.  

The Weber Smokey Mountain was my first “real” smoker.  I was amazed at how much better it operated and held temperature compared to the Smoke ‘N Grill.  I don’t use my WSM nearly as often now that I have an Egg, but it does occasionally travel with me if we are going camping or going somewhere where we want to cook on-site.  The WSM is solid unit and is still capable of producing really good bbq.  
    XL  Central Ohio
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I think Shirley waived the shipping fee for @CTMike when he bought Mortimer.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95