Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Caved. Gutless.

167891012»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    No harm to my Yeti glasses, but I'll put a bullet, or better yet a field point, through my Digi Q II.

What a worthless POS.
    Talk about triggered.
    @Focker This came back in the mail yesterday from warranty. I wish I could say it was the first time I had to send it in for warranty work.... 

Sorry to hear this.  Good to see they at least stepped up.

Staci gave me this BGE unit, she used it a couple of times, and it went tits up.
    Similar story. My friend bought the PartyQ and maybe used it a handful of times. I bought my friends Big Steel Keg for super cheap and he threw in the PartyQ controller with it. I noticed the up button on the controller didn't work when trying to use it for the first time. I sent the PartyQ in for warranty work and the warranty department blamed my friend and said it was "water damaged". I think it was a bunch of BS. I had to pay $50 for replacement parts. Which they didn't even attempt to fix but rather sent me a whole new unit. (I knew where it had little marks or light scratches on the case beforehand) So $50 for a new controller wasn't terrible but I still call BS on water damage.

I've maybe used it 2-3 times before heading back in for more warranty work this go around. Somehow the fan went haywire. I took the fan apart to visually see what I thought I heard when the fan was sputtering. It says plain as day under warranty that any tampering to the controller automatically expires your warranty. I wrote a note to the warranty department in the box telling them I took the controller apart and explained what I saw and what probably needed to get replaced. I didn't hear a word for 2 weeks after sending the package. I had to check tracking on the shipment to make sure BBQ Guru even received it. Out of nowhere it showed back up on my steps yesterday. It came back in working condition! I'm glad they didn't try to play the blame game and have any issue with me taking it apart. This time it only cost me $9 in shipping. My friends warranty might have even been out of warranty at this point of time. So I do give them a thumbs up this go around. 

Hoping for the best from here on out but my odds probably aren't in my favor 
    I hope so too brother. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Basically the Chinese version of the Freedom Act.  Do not support the Freedom Act, Americans.
    That's for overall safety of the masses once they become a Sanctuary Country.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

The Netflix series "Black Mirror" has an episode called "Nosedive" which has a similar theme as this Chinese effort.

This is where all those "Likes" on posts here will really pay off in the future. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Sounds like most, if not all, of this alleged schenanigans occured during the Obama administration.  Guess Barack didn’t run such a tight ship.  No surprise there.  BO did have an Iranian running the whole show.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    Instead of running the VA the good doctor may well be interacting with the DEA soon. :)

Like I said earlier, dude needs to retire as an admiral while he still can.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    thetrim said:
    Sounds like most, if not all, of this alleged schenanigans occured during the Obama administration.  Guess Barack didn’t run such a tight ship.  No surprise there.  BO did have an Iranian running the whole show.  
    The difference is that Obama would’ve never nominated someone like this to head up the VA.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    Yup Johnny you’re right.  He picked the same blah, blah, blah nominees while Vets continued to die on the waiting list.   Nice work.  Layup!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    thetrim said:
    Yup Johnny you’re right.  He picked the same blah, blah, blah nominees while Vets continued to die on the waiting list.   Nice work.  Layup!
    The problems with the VA transcend any particular President. Blame Congress.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/05/who-broke-the-department-of-veterans-affairs/371274/

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,166
    Only the lesser sentence- sinking as opposed to the total Buffalo elimination.  
    Still had a lifetime that way exceeded my predictions.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    thetrim said:
    I'm sure a drunk/drug dealer with zero management experience would of course fix all of that.   Maybe next Trump will ask some homeless guy he meets on the street to head it up!   Talk about a layup.  
  • thetrim
    Here’s your layup, Johnny.  

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Lol
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,660

Get it now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    NRA and Trump. 
    This person is proud to tell the world he married his sister.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Thomasc18 said:

Excellent post comrade. Russian Rifle Association. Their bullets kill our children.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    Can’t beliwvw this thread is still going.  Seems ashame to let it linger on a Friday night.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95