Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Spices arrived today.

Options
epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
Not interested in a political argument, but I am looking forward to trying these.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    Nice.  I hope mine arrive soon, but I think I was one of the folks who got placed on the backorder queue because of all the demand.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    UPS said mine would be delivered yesterday but my delivery tracker app late last night said that UPS has passed the parcel along to USPS with delivery date unknown.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are delivered with the rest of my mail today tho.

I wonder how much money the USPS loses delivering UPS packages that last mile? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    UPS said mine would be delivered yesterday but my delivery tracker app late last night said that UPS has passed the parcel along to USPS with delivery date unknown.

I wonder how much money the USPS loses delivering UPS packages that last mile? :)
    im still trying to figure how a yeti cup cover costs $1.50, ships from chinas ups handling office in china, goes thru customs, flys to sanfransisco, travels ups to the ups center in boston, gets shipped to chelmsford mass usps, then ships to my house all with free shipping in less than a week.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    That Vietnamese Cinnamon is the Shiznit 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I got an email from them yesterday that they were overwhelmed but were digging their way out. I replied and told them no problem.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:

im still trying to figure how a yeti cup cover costs $1.50, ships from chinas ups handling office in china, goes thru customs, flys to sanfransisco, travels ups to the ups center in boston, gets shipped to chelmsford mass usps, then ships to my house all with free shipping in less than a week.
    We truly live in an age of wonders!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrillSgt
    Options
    When people start ragging on the USPS I tell them to take a letter down to FedEx and hand it to them and tell them you want it in San Francisco in 3 days and aren't paying more than 49 cents.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    When people start ragging on the USPS I tell them to take a letter down to FedEx and hand it to them and tell them you want it in San Francisco in 3 days and aren't paying more than 49 cents.
    why would you pay fedex 49 cents if you can ship it even further with ups and usps for free ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    From Penzey's:

Sorry for going 6 days without an email, but with your response to last weekend’s offer we had to lay low for a while. We got overwhelmed. Mail order-wise we are still only half-way dug out, but we have offers ready to go in our stores for this weekend and we wanted to let you know. Once we are caught up, we will find a good way to share the tale of last weekend, if only to give encouragement to other businesses thinking about sharing their values in these times in which we live.
  • Hoosier_Smoker
    Options
    All politics aside, I have used Penzey's spices for many years.  Everything I have ever purchased there has been fresh which is hard to find in a grocery store.  Also, almost weekly they offer something free.  No purchase necessary. 
    P.S- It's a lot cheaper than blowing up a YETI cooler with 20 lbs. of explosives.
    "Get in my belly!" - Fat Bastard

LBGE - Kick Ash Basket, SS Smokeware Cap, CGS PSWoo-CI, Spider, Wok, Broil King Gasser
    Noblesville, IN
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    My Penzey package did just arrive.

Opening the box, this was all I could see of the included bumper sticker:

Need to flip thru their catalog again - I must have missed their "Cannibal Collection" of spices. I've already got some fava beans and a nice chianti so have that covered.
    Nice. I think the little something extra in the box is a nice touch. Wish they had included a printed catalog, but maybe those are a thing of the past. Funny, I can't spend much time with online websites, but can browse printed catalogs and brochures for hours.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Why do yall hate America? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    My Penzey package did just arrive.

Opening the box, this was all I could see of the included bumper sticker:

Need to flip thru their catalog again - I must have missed their "Cannibal Collection" of spices. I've already got some fava beans and a nice chianti so have that covered.
    Nice. I think the little something extra in the box is a nice touch. Wish they had included a printed catalog, but maybe those are a thing of the past. Funny, I can't spend much time with online websites, but can browse printed catalogs and brochures for hours.
    I'm fine without a printed catalog but I do wish they would still at least make available a pdf of their catalog. A lot easier to browse than their website.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I had a tasty Chick Fil A sandwich for lunch today.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I had a tasty Chick Fil A sandwich for lunch today.  
    Probably my favorite fast food place. I was disappointed when they quit serving coleslaw a while back, then stopped serving chicken salad too. I guess both were time consuming to prepare.
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    Carrot raisin salad gone too. Never was a fan of the “fries”. Sandwich kills though. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Yeah, I don’t like their fries either.  We  can agree on that! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Carrot raisin salad gone too. Never was a fan of the “fries”. Sandwich kills though. 
    I am not a big fan of those waffle fries either. If I could get tater tots at CFA I would be a happy camper and I bet they would sell all they could make.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Penzey's rules!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."