Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Caved. Gutless.

Options

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    No harm to my Yeti glasses, but I'll put a bullet, or better yet a field point, through my Digi Q II.

What a worthless POS.
    Talk about triggered.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Guns didn’t get into the schools until people started taking God out!
    Sounds legit.  
    Amen, brother!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

HeavyG said:
    thetrim said:
    Guns didn’t get into the schools until people started taking God out!
    Still early, but that may well be the funniest thing I read on the webz today.
    Peace be with you!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Cognitive dissonance, for the win.  
    No @lastwordJohn

Mom's Law & Dad's Law & God's Law

Not our Effing Government law..

take your cognitive dissonance and shove up your pretty little S5..elitist prick

Only hope the gene pool stops with you..

=)  :o=)
    Image result for poor soul you were just too high strung
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Such a great movie.  I hope we can all agree on that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    Options

This guy would never use a YETI. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    That's incorrect - here he is with an early version of the Yeti 1200

Image result for clint eastwood yeti cooler
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's incorrect - here he is with an early version of the Yeti 1200

Image result for clint eastwood yeti cooler
    Fake News

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    The idea that some folks would destroy their few hundred dollar cooler cuz some company hurt their feelings cracks me up.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/us/yeti-coolers-nra-explode-trnd/index.html?sr=twCNN042418yeti-coolers-nra-explode-trnd0441PMStory

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    The idea that some folks would destroy their few hundred dollar cooler cuz some company hurt their feelings cracks me up.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/us/yeti-coolers-nra-explode-trnd/index.html?sr=twCNN042418yeti-coolers-nra-explode-trnd0441PMStory

They have to or they will be called out as hypocrites by their like-minded patriot compadres.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Murica!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    HeavyG said:

If they were to sell their cooler to someone who might otherwise purchase new - then they have affected the company. (by one cooler)  By blowing it up, that doesn't do much of anything. 
    Phoenix 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,300
    Options
    Could you build a wall out of them? 
    It wouldn’t be the most financially extravagant government project and I did work for the government for about 35 years.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Focker said:
    No harm to my Yeti glasses, but I'll put a bullet, or better yet a field point, through my Digi Q II.

What a worthless POS.
    Talk about triggered.
    @Focker This came back in the mail yesterday from warranty. I wish I could say it was the first time I had to send it in for warranty work.... 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • thetrim
    Options
    They should put on some vagina hats, walk the Mall in DC, and scream about their menstrul cycles.  That much more reasonable.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Legume said:
    billt01 said:
    johnnyp said:

billt01 said:

Mom's Law & Dad's Law & God's Law

Not our Effing Government law..

I'm really not trying to be a jerk but, do you realize you're contradicting yourself? 

I just want to point out that this is the fellow who suggested that there were folks here who believed that "chaotic theory" could explain intelligent design.  We aren't exactly conversing with mister coherent.  
    @lastword

#shifty, #diversion, #start_to_loose_hashtag_ABORT, #elitist, #left_fielder, #probably_has_a_roman_numeral_after_his_last_name
    LOL.  Never seen the probably has a roman number after his last name.  I don't care who you are, that's funny.  Is it true John?
    Nope.  My father’s name is Bill.  

Holy crap!  You’ve been arguing with your dad this whole time?
    This made me laugh out loud!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Focker
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Hey man, if you're gonna do it, tannerite is the only way.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:

What a worthless POS.
    Talk about triggered.
    @Focker This came back in the mail yesterday from warranty. I wish I could say it was the first time I had to send it in for warranty work.... 

Sorry to hear this.  Good to see they at least stepped up.

Staci gave me this BGE unit, she used it a couple of times, and it went tits up.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Focker said:
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:

What a worthless POS.
    Talk about triggered.

Sorry to hear this.  Good to see they at least stepped up.

Staci gave me this BGE unit, she used it a couple of times, and it went tits up.
    Similar story. My friend bought the PartyQ and maybe used it a handful of times. I bought my friends Big Steel Keg for super cheap and he threw in the PartyQ controller with it. I noticed the up button on the controller didn't work when trying to use it for the first time. I sent the PartyQ in for warranty work and the warranty department blamed my friend and said it was "water damaged". I think it was a bunch of BS. I had to pay $50 for replacement parts. Which they didn't even attempt to fix but rather sent me a whole new unit. (I knew where it had little marks or light scratches on the case beforehand) So $50 for a new controller wasn't terrible but I still call BS on water damage.

I've maybe used it 2-3 times before heading back in for more warranty work this go around. Somehow the fan went haywire. I took the fan apart to visually see what I thought I heard when the fan was sputtering. It says plain as day under warranty that any tampering to the controller automatically expires your warranty. I wrote a note to the warranty department in the box telling them I took the controller apart and explained what I saw and what probably needed to get replaced. I didn't hear a word for 2 weeks after sending the package. I had to check tracking on the shipment to make sure BBQ Guru even received it. Out of nowhere it showed back up on my steps yesterday. It came back in working condition! I'm glad they didn't try to play the blame game and have any issue with me taking it apart. This time it only cost me $9 in shipping. My friends warranty might have even been out of warranty at this point of time. So I do give them a thumbs up this go around. 

Hoping for the best from here on out but my odds probably aren't in my favor 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    You have to be very gullible to put faith in people that are laundering money for Russia. 
    The Dems and the Clinton Foundation? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What a fiasco the Ronny Jackson thing is.  Effing around with the VA.  Smdh.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    What a fiasco the Ronny Jackson thing is.  Effing around with the VA.  Smdh.
    Starting to sound like he should go ahead and retire now as a Rear Admiral before the Navy decides to retire him as a Captain.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Bill Cosby was a great actor.  Not everyone was with him off set.  
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Honestly if half the stuff being reported about Jackson is true, he should’ve been fired under Obama.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I've been out of the USN for close to 20 years but I am appalled by the allegations of poor behavior and more importantly pi$$ poor judgement by Navy flag officers.  I can't relate to such actions, and even if not totally accurate, there is likely enough there to merit immediate retirement or more.  
    You know the environment you are working/operating in, do you think you are immune??  The short answer, is yes and the reality is "no you are not".  And that is how it should be- 
    No excuses but have we lowered standards across the board  (society and gubmint) such that unless you are a target for a confirmation hearing or election campaign you need not have any personal integrity and that's okay??
    Off soap-box.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.