Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ABTs...and lots of 'em (w/pics)

SouthOfI10SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited 4:10AM in EggHead Forum
Tomorrow, I am bringing in some treats for a work "Tailgaiting"/team gathering for ~ 150 people. It's not really tailgating, though, because we can't bring beer. Oh, well. I chose ABTs because they are awesome and quite the novelty for non-Eggers. Here are some pics from tonight:
Starting Point (Can you spot the oddball that's going to be a little more spicy???)
DSC00405.jpg
Then it's on to the cleaning...
DSC00411.jpg
The stuffing...
DSC00415.jpg
Smoking...
DSC00422.jpg
And right before pulling...
DSC00423.jpg
Happy Halloween and Happy Egging![p]Scott

·

Comments

• ronbeauxronbeaux Posts: 988
    SouthOfI10,
    I sure would like to be there when someone gets that "special" one!!

·
  • ronbeaux,
    I split the scotchbonnet into two halves. Those two pups are for a few friends that like it really hot. All of the peppers were grown by a coworker, and he claims that this year's habanero's are the best he's seen. I'll take his word for it...

·
  • I'm new to this, what's in the peppers?

·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    lionel,[p]Looks like some cream cheese, some flavor of Dizzy Pig rub and a lil smokie.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • SouthOfI10,
    That's a party looking for a place to happen if I ever saw one.[p]Spring "ABT Inspector" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    SouthOfI10,[p]here's a nice party trick... after eating a number of jalapenos, that habanero won't feel any hotter. your mouth gets pretty overloaded after a few anyway. [p]the wife will start out with habaneros, and rip thru 5 or 6 no problems. i tread a bit more cautiously

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    SouthOfI10,[p]Total cost
    $3.15
    Total prep time
    1.5 hours
    Total cook time
    1 hour 15 minutes
    The looks on everyone's faces
    Priceless[p]Nice job man.[p]Have you tried procchuto (sp)?????[p]Mick[p]Nice[p]
    ·