Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,975
    edited April 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    SciAggie said:
    @YukonRon I hope all is well.
    All is good, she just had an issue with a knee, too much kicking my lazy butt around I guess.

Getting to that age, where the tread on the knees is wearing a bit thin (Arthritis), and since she acts like she is still 15, something had to give.

That is only one of a million reasons I love her like I do. She will never grow up. 
    She was literally dancing to the music Sat night. Good times.

Very glad to hear it’s nothing serious, and hope she feels better soon enough.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    SciAggie said:
    All is good, she just had an issue with a knee, too much kicking my lazy butt around I guess.

Getting to that age, where the tread on the knees is wearing a bit thin (Arthritis), and since she acts like she is still 15, something had to give.

That is only one of a million reasons I love her like I do. She will never grow up. 

@JohnInCarolina

Suzy will dance to the sound of a coal bucket blowing across the back yard as long as it is in at least 3/4 time.

Sorry about spilling the slushy all over you. It is a sober 3 man operation to pour any partially frozen substance from the Food Saver bags, when everything goes well.

Adding me to equation, makes it a disaster. I was not deep into the batch at that time, so I blame lack of skill. I just don't do things well outside the lab.

It was nice to have met your Mother and Father. I could see how proud they were of you during our disastrous introduction and pouring fiasco. You are a great son, and to me, a great friend.

Thank you for including us and thank you for the concern about Suzanne.

She loves this group misfits, as do I.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    SciAggie said:

@JohnInCarolina

Suzy will dance to the sound of a coal bucket blowing across the back yard as long as it is in at least 3/4 time.

Sorry about spilling the slushy all over you. It is a sober 3 man operation to pour any partially frozen substance from the Food Saver bags, when everything goes well.

Adding me to equation, makes it a disaster. I was not deep into the batch at that time, so I blame lack of skill. I just don't do things well outside the lab.

It was nice to have met your Mother and Father. I could see how proud they were of you during our disastrous introduction and pouring fiasco. You are a great son, and to me, a great friend.

Thank you for including us and thank you for the concern about Suzanne.

She loves this group misfits, as do I.
    Ron, absolutely no need to apologize for the slushy on my arm.  We all had a good laugh over it at the time, and the important thing is that I still got a full cup out of it!  

They were awesome as always my friend!  
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Its official, passed state certification,  this time next week I will be a commissioned officer. My gosh it's been a long road.

Congrats - thanks for taking us on the ride with you.

Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Tomorrow's going to be interesting.  I've been asked to represent the engineers in a 2.5-hour "Resiliency" discussion with the senior leadership in my Maintenance Group; out of 700 or so personnel, we've had 3 suicides this year so far.  The entire Mx Complex (7 Groups) was getting 20-25 suicides/year when I joined 8 years ago, they soon quit advertising that data.  
    I'm surprised they asked me; I went thru an extremely bad period about 5 years ago, and am getting close enough to retirement to speak my mind and not care about the consequences.  
    Will be an interesting meeting, for sure.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Botch- Maybe, just maybe the leadership team is looking for some unbiased feedback and perspective.  With that large a work-force it has to be difficult to select those who you think will be "straight-shooters" if you are truly looking for honest input across the spectrum.  Just "tell like it is" as you see it.  I hope the team is serious and not just checking the box.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Made out pretty well in Seagrove NC the day before Butt Blast. It’s the largest concentration of potters in America and about an hour away from BB. 

This particular potter lays in individual strands of horsehair during the cooling phase of the firing when the temp lowers to 1600F. 

This potter adds zinc oxide to the glaze. Crystals start growing at 2340F during the six hour firing. The bottom catch plate gets knocked off and the bottom buffed. 

Hoping you guys didn’t mention this place to Party ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I hope the team is serious and not just checking the box.  
    And, therein, is the problem.   :|

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Early birthday present from the wife. She did good. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Wife and kids still at the beach. Way too much time on my hands this morning. 

Spicy Sausage Pimento Cheese Gravy on biscuits and hash browns with sautéed jalapeños and an over easy egg. 

That is a beautiful thing right there!  Nice pic too.

Phoenix 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Now that is taking definite advantage of your current situation.  Great looking groceries and magazine quality photo.  Breakfast banquet for sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @lousubcap now I am sitting in a quiet house doing work on my computer wishing I wouldn’t have double carbed. 

My wife texted to have a salad and go walk over at the park. 

I think Ill do that....after a quick cat nap. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    @lousubcap now I am sitting in a quiet house doing work on my computer wishing I wouldn’t have double carbed. 

My wife texted to have a salad and go walk over at the park. 

I think Ill do that....after a quick cat nap. 
    Adam is living the dream.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Coming back from lunch:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wife and kids still at the beach. Way too much time on my hands this morning. 

Spicy Sausage Pimento Cheese Gravy on biscuits and hash browns with sautéed jalapeños and an over easy egg. 

Oh my.........GERD.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Wally World delivers for $7.50

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I am at work contemplating a career change. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options

I was just catching up on a particular thread, but it looks like the buffalo got it.  

Poof...gone...

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I was just catching up on a particular thread, but it looks like the buffalo got it.  

Poof...gone...

That always happens, right around the time things start to get interesting.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

Poof...gone...

Dang it!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    thetrim said:

Poof...gone...

Dang it!
    There’s one or two more I’m pretty sure the clock is ticking for...
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Sitting on the tarmac after a particular non textbook landing at CLT. Rough landing in a bad storm. The EVs are all over the place. Tried landing twice. I was sure we were going to be on the ground one way or another.
    Ratio remains 1:1. Takeoffs to Landings....Good flight. Think they are changing their shorts in the pilots cabin.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Sitting on the tarmac after a particular non textbook landing at CLT. Rough landing in a bad storm. The EVs are all over the place. Tried landing twice. I was sure we were going to be on the ground one way or another.
    Ratio remains 1:1. Takeoffs to Landings....Good flight. Think they are changing their shorts in the pilots cabin.
    So I guess we’re stuck with you a little while longer!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I’m watching the Italian job.  Charlize Theron can crack my safe anytime!

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Baseball

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    DMW said:
    Baseball

Careful, that shît will take over.