Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - breaking news, situation unfolding in GWN

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    WTF is wrong with people these days? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    Terrible.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Too close to home.
    canuckland
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Terrible, just goes to show that scumbag pieces of dirt will use any means necessary to enact Terror upon the world.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Always remain vigilant! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    I saw that news as I was doing my income taxes.  I see that it is being reported that there were nine deaths and 16 injured.  I just cringed when I saw the photo of the van.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited April 2018
    Options
    What does WGN stand for?

The comments below the article are putting the blame on liberals. Imagine that. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    What does WGN stand for?

GWN: Great White North 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    What does WGN stand for?

Just to be entirely clear. One of the political parties in Canada is the Liberal Party. In fact they are the ones currently in power so in this case, blaming Liberals has a different meaning than in the US. 

As they have the suspect in custody it will be interesting to see what the motives were. Terrible for sure but way too early and unclear to lay any sort of blame on why this occurred. 

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    I guess he could be upset at the hockey referees.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Thanks for that. My wife’s Canadian (PEI) and I don’t think I had seen it used before. I’m pretty well versed in Canadian politics. Lots of great chow on Yonge St. Lots in Toronto period. Was the guy American?
  • gmac
    Options
    I guess he could be upset at the hockey referees.
    Wow. Nine people dead, sixteen injured and it’s cool to you to make a f’n hockey joke. Super classy...
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    The point, GMAC, is that it is too early to tell what was that loon’s motivation. 
  • gmac
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The point, GMAC, is that it is too early to tell what was that loon’s motivation. 
    True but it didn’t exactly read that way. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    He was trying suicide by cop kept pointing something going to pocket then pointing again 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

The guy tried suicide by cop for all he was worth.  The Canadian cops showed a lot of restraint.  

Phoenix 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Very sad. I was right in that location a week before the incident. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Also incredible to see three bystanders sleep walking in the background, oblivious to what was going on until they'd walked past the 'line of fire'.
    canuckland
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Its sickening.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • blasting
    Options
    blasting said:

The guy tried suicide by cop for all he was worth.  The Canadian cops showed a lot of restraint.  

Yep, that was unbelievable.  In the States that guy would’ve been shot about 20 times over.

I think that death of the perp is a much preferred outcome - if only to avoid a trial that would further distress the family of the people killed.

I would make a terrible cop.  I'd use too many bullets.
    Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

Yep, that was unbelievable.  In the States that guy would’ve been shot about 20 times over.

I think that death of the perp is a much preferred outcome - if only to avoid a trial that would further distress the family of the people killed.
    Sure, assuming you’ve got the right guy.  Due process is a b!tch.
  • blasting
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

Agreed.  The cops did the right thing, I would make a terrible cop.  

Phoenix 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

they have the right guy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

they have the right guy
    Thanks for clearing that up, Columbo.  We're talking about in the heat of the moment, when it's not always 100% clear who's standing in front of you.  
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options

The guy was wanting to be shot, killed. In this situation I am glad he wasn't. I would rather not give him his wish, let him rot, I don't imagine this will be taken lightly by a few members in jail either.

Just my opinion.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Spent 5 years working in an office building at that very same intersection. Walked along Yonge St. to get lunch almost daily. Scary - this one really hits close to home. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    His social media posts indicate potential frustration over unsuccessful attempts to attract females.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options

The guy was wanting to be shot, killed. In this situation I am glad he wasn't. I would rather not give him his wish, let him rot, I don't imagine this will be taken lightly by a few members in jail either.

Just my opinion.

a northern canada tent city jail would be just about right but i see him spending time in front of an 8 foot wide flat screen tv some where
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it