Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Caved. Gutless.

Options

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    You have to be very gullible to put faith in people that are laundering money for Russia. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    i like turtles.
    Options
    i like turtles.
    All the way down. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    DMW said:
    NRA conflated a business decision to rile up their base.

I could say I'm shocked, but... I'm not.
    Lmao.  I guess all those folks who had tossed out their coolers and cups to own the libs sure do look dumb now.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited April 2018
    Options
    i like turtles.
    All the way down. 
    https://youtu.be/6gBV-Nzq7Pg

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Thank little punk Hogg strikes again. 

Companies being told how to conduct business by a snot-faced puppet of the Liberal Left and Jorge Soros. 

+ the AR-15 is just soooooooo last year...

I'm partial to the AR-10 7.62
    Smith and Wesson makes a nice version of it in 6.5 mm Creedmore. I am trying to convince myself that I need it.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Acn said:
    i like turtles.
    All the way down. 
    https://youtu.be/6gBV-Nzq7Pg

That's why I love this forum. There's always someone who catches a reference/joke. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    DMW said:

Lmao.  I guess all those folks who had tossed out their coolers and cups to own the libs sure do look dumb now.  
    I would say that Yeti had second thoughts after their CFO had a few words with them.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:

I would say that Yeti had second thoughts after their CFO had a few words with them.
    I’m sure you’re right.  Maybe the folks who tossed out their coolers and cups to own the libs look pretty smart after all.  No ragrets!
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

DMW said:

100%  The CFO told them, umm we are already losing market share left and right. Get a statement out denying it and do it yesterday.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Yeti being ashamed? This is the same foundation that also trained Nikolas Cruz on how to get the most out of his weapon in both a youth program and educational program. You can't make this stuff up.

Nikolas Cruz, if you remember was the guy that killed 17 people, mostly school children in February? Yeah, check it out.

I would respect the NRA and the NRA foundation, if they took a stand to pressure Washington DC, to develop a plan on the minimization of the senseless killings by the use of guns. Instead, they seem to go the opposite direction by fear monger.

Last I checked, we do the voting, because we are the government. 

The NRA is in the pockets of gun manufacturing, and your dues and donations pale in comparison. 

Your right to own guns is based on your right to buy guns. Check out how much money was spent for lobbying for the gun manufacturer's.

Oh yeah, I buy Yeti coolers. I am an outdoorsman, I own weapons, and the NRA will never be my voice for any legislation, gun or otherwise, as long as I live.

If anyone should be ashamed, perhaps it is those within the NRA who criticize others, for exercising the freedoms, the NRA allegedly vows to protect.

Whistling.....https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/05/the-nra-lobbyist-behind-floridas-pro-gun-policies
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Options
    But @DMW, it was on Breitbart so it has to be true that Yeti caved cause the non mainstream media doesn't lie.  :)  You also have to love how a teenager triggers these people even when it appears he had nothing to do with it. Snot nosed my behind. I would also guess that Yeti's CFO probably played a role in the original decision to pull out of multiple organizational discount programs. Hence the quote "these facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20." NRA stirring the pot to get their base all worked up. Seems to have accomplished their goal.
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

DMW said:

100%  The CFO told them, umm we are already losing market share left and right. Get a statement out denying it and do it yesterday.

I’m sure somehow this will also be Hannity’s take this evening.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options

DMW said:

I’m sure somehow this will also be Hannity’s take this evening.

Probably so, because that guy cant help but make everything about himself. I lost respect for him years ago.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrillSgt
    Options

Statements only a worker bee could make. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options

GrillSgt said:

And your point is?

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    GrillSgt said:

A gainfully employed worker bee.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options

I'm not gonna bite given I've seen both your and GrillSgt's, Political statements about Russia and Trump, etc. But maybe you didn't understand my statement above. Agreeing with Gulfcoastguy. This was 100% a PR and Financial move. If they wouldn't have caught any crap for it they never would have released that statement. See if you've read anything about YETI lately you realize they are backing out of their IPO. Probably because they are ran terribly and are losing market share left and right to people who can undercut them by 50% for the same product since their patents ran out. Its pretty simple really. So again not sure what you didn't understand about my statement but its Economics 101. Something I should have pretty good knowledge of considering its what I hold 2 College Degrees in and also happens to be my job.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    i like turtles.
    Yeah, well when turtles are outlawed only outlaws will have turtles, man.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:

I'm willing to guess that the CFO is the one that signed off on ending the legacy discount program. Probably because as @TE@TEXASBGE2018 pointed they are struggling and had to cancel their IPO. They are not reinstating the program, they are just making sure the alternative fact from the NRA is countered with the actual fact of what happened.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I'm not gonna bite given I've seen both your and GrillSgt's, Political statements about Russia and Trump, etc. But maybe you didn't understand my statement above. Agreeing with Gulfcoastguy. This was 100% a PR and Financial move. If they wouldn't have caught any crap for it they never would have released that statement. See if you've read anything about YETI lately you realize they are backing out of their IPO. Probably because they are ran terribly and are losing market share left and right to people who can undercut them by 50% for the same product since their patents ran out. Its pretty simple really. So again not sure what you didn't understand about my statement but its Economics 101. Something I should have pretty good knowledge of considering its what I hold 2 College Degrees in and also happens to be my job.

I’m laughing at the absurdity of the entire thread.

It’s certainly possible you’re right, that YETI is backtracking because of the bad PR over this move.  But that statement reads that they ended this programs with several foundations, and that the NRA isn’t unique here.  That is a strange thing to claim if they’re backtracking, because it can be independently verified.  

I really couldn’t care less, but YETI sales aren’t the only ones that are down over the past two years.  Gun sales are down too.  So... maybe consider that the NRA has a financial interest in stoking the fires here too.  Economics 101 say anything about ginning up demand?
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options

I’m laughing at the absurdity of the entire thread.

It’s certainly possible you’re right, that YETI is backtracking because of the bad PR over this move.  But that statement reads that they ended this programs with several foundations, and that the NRA isn’t unique here.  That is a strange thing to claim if they’re backtracking, because it can be independently verified.  

I really couldn’t care less, but YETI sales aren’t the only ones that are down over the past two years.  Gun sales are down too.  So... maybe consider that the NRA has a financial interest in stoking the fires here too.  Economics 101 say anything about ginning up demand?
    See also, Scarcity
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I just want the companies that I buy products from, any product from to do 1 thing and 1 thing only. Sell your product. Don't give me your opinion on anything else other than how awesome your product is and prove to me why I should buy it. That's all. I don't need to hear any political BS. That's all I'm saying. Is that too much to ask?

• GrillSgt
    Options
    1) The decision to drop the NRA tie was not made without the knowledge of the CFO.

2) Calling the statement backtracking is an assumption and a politically motivated one. If they wanted to garner the market share of those that support responsible legislation then they would have made an upfront statement. 

3) A degree in economics is clearly not an indication of business acumen. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I just want the companies that I buy products from, any product from to do 1 thing and 1 thing only. Sell your product. Don't give me your opinion on anything else other than how awesome your product is and prove to me why I should buy it. That's all. I don't need to hear any political BS. That's all I'm saying. Is that too much to ask?
    I'm still not seeing how anything Yeti did had anything remotely to do with politics?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options

...  See if you've read anything about YETI lately you realize they are backing out of their IPO. Probably because they are ran terribly and are losing market share left and right to people who can undercut them by 50% for the same product since their patents ran out. ....

What patents?  Thought they only had a patent on the latch handles.  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.