Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Caved. Gutless.

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    No

What i am saying is that business in a competitive environment with relatively weak brand recognition that use a political agenda to help 'save' their business are generally screwed....yeti attempted to sue, rtic  adapted and sales increased for rtic.   Yeti losing market share is being reacted to now in a desperate attempt to  recover or expand sales related to this NRA decision is unlikely to jolt sales

And i am not a member of the nra, nor do i send them support.  I am saying that yeti would be better off lowering prices and doing some collaborative marketing with weber, cabelas, nfl, etc,

Their products simply cost too much and the more they dance around the issue with gimmicks and political stuntsmanship and call it something else, the more lost sales they will incur...
    Hey @westernbbq I was responding to @Ozzie_Isaac post about our alleged Russian brothers in arms,  NRA lets the bear in the door because they blindly see it as support for their narrow agenda.  Nobody recognizes this because NRA has so many convinced their 2nd amendment rights are going away tomorrow unless you give money to the NRA today (the one true savior) and that any legislation is the terrible slippery slope.  Kind of sounds like tent-revival preacher messaging to me.

Re Yeti, idgaf.  Wasn’t ever going to buy anything beyond a cup.  Business decisions.  I can’t reconcile a company that overcharges so much with having a moral stance.  They’re free to say and do as they wish, chase or protect market as they see it.

I don’t often align my purchasing choices with my moral or ethical compass based on what businesses say.  It’s all advertising.  I do align my giving, however.
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    Isn't it funny how people blindly follow the NRA, allowing themselves to be manipulated by product endorsements--as if they couldn't figure out for themselves whether a particular cooler manufacturer was a good brand for them to buy.

If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    bobroo said:
    Isn't it funny how people blindly follow the NRA, allowing themselves to be manipulated by product endorsements--as if they couldn't figure out for themselves whether a particular cooler manufacturer was a good brand for them to buy.

Who said that EVER happened?  I don't remember seeing any YETI advertisements in the magazine.  I seem to remember seeing stainless steel cups in the Christmas catalog, but I can't remember if they were YETI or someone else.  So, why is it ok for Pizza Hut to be the official pizza of the NFL?  People not smart enough to pickout their own pizza and they're going to take the NFL's recommendation?  No, the companies just want to stay out in front.  YETI wanted to put their coolers in front of MILLIONS of outdoorsman, hunters, etc. with money, and the NRA's demographic fit the bill. 

In fact, maybe YETI was NOT seeing a return on investment.  Maybe market research showed that NRA members bought RTIC, Pelican, or other brands after shopping around.  Perhaps YETI was already going to cut ties, and decided to get some free advertising out of it.  Who knows......
  • Rick in Crystal Lake
    Options
    Yeti, so sad, just another useful idiot. Good luck Yeti...
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Standing up for your beliefs and risking your business is not gutless. Stupid possibly but certainly not gutless. 
    It is a stupid business decision, and gutless.  If they were so strong in their beliefs they would have stated the reason for their decision. stlcharcoal  clearly defines the differences between the NRA and the NRA Foundation.  I wouldn't be surprised, and hoping, the NRA Foundation will quickly find a Yeti competitor that'll do business with them.

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    edited April 2018
    Options
    how long will tofu stay cold in my yeti cooler =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Are you saying that the Yeti management are a bunch of Soy Boys?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    "Soy Boys"

Had to look that one up - https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/soy-boy-insult-what-is-definition-far-right-men-masculinity-women-a8027816.html

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    "Soy Boys"

Had to look that one up - https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/soy-boy-insult-what-is-definition-far-right-men-masculinity-women-a8027816.html

i have not been keeping up either, seems soyboy is the new term for lib =)=)=)

“The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as ‘Nazis’.”
    fukahwee maine

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    The smeller's the feller.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Just stirring the pot for the next Friday. Meanwhile that is a pretty complete definition, but not I was implying that that is what Fishless thought about Yeti management.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Just stirring the pot for the next Friday. Meanwhile that is a pretty complete definition, but not I was implying that that is what Fishless thought about Yeti management.
    actually, i just cut and pasted heavyg's post =) it just sounds way too familar, me being a nazi and all =)
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Oh well, might as well spread the libel around generously.
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    Maybe it was a business decision... 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Liberal nation

the few elitist upper class

2nd amendment's not going anywhere folks and will not be changed...

There are to many "bad rifles" out there..its easy to "take away" peoples munitions when they really don't have munitions to take away..

When the day comes when it is "illegal" for citizens to own guns; albeit "assault" or otherwise, AND the government tries to police that law...

well, bad $#!+ will ensue...

NRA, YETI, HOGG or all the other little idiots wont change the 2nd amendment.

That being said, the "high efficiency" cooler market is saturated with "Yeti" knockoffs.

Ozark Trail is back in Walmart, Engle and RTIC have obtained a large market share. So one DOES beg to question. Why the hell would a company silo themselves from one of their biggest market share demographics?

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    That’s what I’m talking about brother patriot.  Imma vote for the guy that’s as pissed off as me, or at least knows how to sound like it.  They are coming for your guns, don’t you listen to anyone that says different.  You give ‘em hell when they do, nuthin more ‘Mercian than that.  Gotta protect ourselves, I saw Red Dawn too.  Not the crappy second one, the real one with Swayze and Sheen.
  • billt01
    Options
    Legume said:
    That’s what I’m talking about brother patriot.  Imma vote for the guy that’s as pissed off as me, or at least knows how to sound like it.  They are coming for your guns, don’t you listen to anyone that says different.  You give ‘em hell when they do, nuthin more ‘Mercian than that.  Gotta protect ourselves, I saw Red Dawn too.  Not the crappy second one, the real one with Swayze and Sheen.
    Ha!

good stuff...

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Thank little punk Hogg strikes again. 

Companies being told how to conduct business by a snot-faced puppet of the Liberal Left and Jorge Soros. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options

Companies being told how to conduct business by a snot-faced puppet of the Liberal Left and Jorge Soros. 

• billt01
    Options

+ the AR-15 is just soooooooo last year...

I'm partial to the AR-10 7.62
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GrillSgt
    Options
    Triggered

Is it still snowing?
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

billt01 said:

+ the AR-15 is just soooooooo last year...

I'm partial to the AR-10 7.62

Now that is freaking funny.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I meant your MEME's that you posted are funny. Not your comment about AR-10's

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I've been looking to buy a 65 or 75 Liter Cooler. Guess RTIC just won my business without even breaking a sweat.

• billt01
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Triggered

Is it still snowing?
    its ALWAYS snowing somewhere...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GrillSgt
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    billt01 said: