Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    That was definitely a BLAST!  We had a great time......too little of it unfortunately.  We'll have to stay closer next year to get some more "quality time" with everyone.  Would have really liked to get to talk to NOLA, JIC, DMW, and some of the other characters here.  Hope to see you guys at the next one if not before.
    So glad you could make it. Was great to finally meet you and put a face and handshake to the name.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Dang y’all! That looks like a first class time with some good people. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    If anyone is interested, I have created a gallery on my website for BB18, and have the option for guest uploading of pictures.  I'd be sweet if most could dump their pictures on there for everyone to see.  

I have about 158 photos on right now.  

Gallery Link: 

https://www.matthewhusseyphotography.com/Events/2018-North-Carolina-Butt-Blast

Guest upload link: 

https://matthew-hussey.smugmug.com/upload/Z2x5mC/BB18

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If anyone is interested, I have created a gallery on my website for BB18, and have the option for guest uploading of pictures.  I'd be sweet if most could dump their pictures on there for everyone to see.  

I have about 158 photos on right now.  

Gallery Link: 

https://www.matthewhusseyphotography.com/Events/2018-North-Carolina-Butt-Blast

Guest upload link: 

https://matthew-hussey.smugmug.com/upload/Z2x5mC/BB18

Very cool, I'll dump some pics up there tomorrow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    just got back to New Orleans...will post later, exhausted 
    Options
    Just a few random pictures I got off one camera.  

Part I

John and Dylan -   

JIC's burnt ends in the making. @JohnInCarolina

Caliprince and Caliqueen - @caliking

@piney making breakfast donut sammies!  

These two were up to no good!  Haha.  @Jeremiah

Beautiful day in NC!  The people were coming in nicely!  

@piney and @CTMike turned a nice prime briskey out!  

@CTMike

@JRWhitee makes some great pig shots!  

A meteor 

Wilbur on @CTMike s big rig!  

Yours truly and @CTMike working on Wilbur!  

@CTMike made some great beans (pineapple chipotle beans).  

Drop two letters in Duke and you get UK.... He still hates Atlanta's airport though.  

Chillin 

@Killit_and_Grillit

@CTMike bad azz setup!  

This IS family friendly!  

I'm glad I got to meet the master, @caliking ! This is my homie! 

@bucky925 better half made awesome giveaways for BB18!  Thank you to Bucky and Mrs. Bucky!  This was an awesome giveaway pal!  

Most of the crew!  

@Jupiter Jim does one heck of a job doing our giveaway!  I love this guy.  He loves my family and I love his!  Thanks Jim, as always!  

Thanks Kick Ash Basket!  

Thanks Smokeware - @The_Stache I'm sure appreciates that!  

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Just got in the door - ran into horrible traffic delays in Northern VA and Northern NJ leading up to the GWB. Everyone made it home safe - even with the idiot in the green Expedition on I-85 who decided at the last minute to throw on his brakes and make a U-turn across the median. Thank goodness for ABS on the truck and trailer brakes on both axles. Come within 6” of crunching the guy in front and I think there’s paint on the firebox handle from the semi behind me. Dumbass. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @CTMike glad you made it home safe. Despite idiots on the road.

Mad props to you for bringing Ol' Mortimer and smoking that hog. It was definitely one of the highlights.

And thank you for the use of your camp stove. Sorry about some of the batter drippings, but they should buff right out :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    Options
    caliking said:
    @CTMike glad you made it home safe. Despite idiots on the road.

Mad props to you for bringing Ol' Mortimer and smoking that hog. It was definitely one of the highlights.

And thank you for the use of your camp stove. Sorry about some of the batter drippings, but they should buff right out :)
    It’s all good, was great to finally put a name to a face. Sadly I missed out on the onion fritters, next time hopefully. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    I wanted to give a special thank you to those who donated to the Food Bank beside the Butt Blast III stickers. We raised $230 from your generous hearts and wallets. Making a quick bitness trip, but will get the funds in the hands of Harvest Hope Food bank on Tuesday. 

Greately appreciated.

Damien sAys — Was that you man? Thank you!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    John said without a doubt, in any universe is there an airport better than Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson. He in fact applied for a job there. 

@bgebrent: You spilled beer on your crotch.... I hope.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thanks for sharing all of these photos. Looks like a really nice time. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    Those are really great photos @tarheelmatt !
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    500 said:
    This was 4 hours away. Do-able. Will try and make it next year. 
    I made it from Goochland so Midlothian would about the same. Trust me it was worth the trip. Just go on a 10 day fast prior to leaving.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Those are really great photos @tarheelmatt !
    Thanks John.  I'm still not really pleased with what I had, but I do have some video too, that's yet to come!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Looks like an awesome time. Sorry I missed it. This thing continues to grow.  Great job @JohnInCarolina @tarheelmatt and @piney

hopefully better planning for me next year. 

Lenoir, N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Got back late last night.  Henrik and I swung by my house and picked up my car and convoyed to our Gretna shop.  Parked the truck, fully loaded, inside and dropped him off at home, then tried watching Westworld, but faded out half way through.  Slept late and here I am. 

About to take a shower and take an Uber to the shop to unload and clean the unholy funk on the gear, see if the remaining oysters are alive, etc.

Good times, folks!
    Options
    Need the details on this.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Need the details on this.

Paging @BUFFALOMOOSE

he was quietly toiling away in the back corner putting these together. I munched on a good few of them myself. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    Options

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic weekend, especially those who volunteered to help feed sticks to Mortimer all night. ;)

I'd also like to thank those anonymous (to me anyhow) folks who chipped in to help cover the gas to travel back home, that was an awesome gesture that was greatly appreciated. You folks are the best.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    @saluki2007 those are pickled mild cherry peppers stuffed with ham capicola  salami and sharp provolone. Just cut the top off deseed as best as you can and stuff.  Labor intensive but easy peasy while double fisting bourbon  slushies, bloody marys and interjecting a beer or 2 in between.

Thank you to all the organizers, cooks and participants this weekend. It was a lot of fun and look forward to next year. Until then egg on!!!
    South Buffalo, New York
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Proof my buddy Brent cooks on his own without Nicole. It’s not an egg....but all I could find.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options

Proof my buddy Brent cooks on his own without Nicole. It’s not an egg....but all I could find.
    You need to remove the green around the borders from where Brent was standing in front of the screen.  Solid effort at deception though.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Can't tell who's enjoying it more @Killit_and_Grillit or @caliking

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    That was awesome @DMW
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site