Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Options
Painter
Painter Posts: 464
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have recipe for chicken cordon bleu done on bge? Thought I saw one here awhile back but could't find it in archives. Maybe saw it on food tv or something, I can,t remember for sure. So many cooking shows on cable these days. Thanks to anyone. Painter

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I don't have a recipe; I just pound the chicken breast flat, roll it up with good quality ham & real Swiss cheese, tie it up, put a rub on it and grill it, indirect. Call it anything you want....
  • Painter
    Options
    J Appledog, Thanks, figured it was as simple as that, I'll give it a whirl. Thought there might be a bge secret. Painter

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Painter,
    Check down this link to Feb. 8,BBBrew posted a thread called "chicken cordon egg".It's about like J Appledogs reply.They sound real yummy!Go for it! Bob

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Painter,[p]I've made chicken similar to Chicken Cordon Bleu by using chicken, prosciutto and bleu cheese and adding things like Mrs. Dog's mustard, tomato, and onion. Outstanding! Only if you like really strong flavors, though.[p]Cornfed
  • Painter
    Options
    Cornfed,Mouth watering now. Have to do this weekend, something about prosciutto that trips my flavor sensors and bleu cheese sounds like adifferent twist. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again Painter

• J Appledog
    Options
    Cornfed,
    That sounds like something my husband would love. Maytag blue cheese is available here now. I know what's for dinner tonight! JCA

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    J Appledog,
    I have by enjoying Maytag blue cheese since the late 1950's
    Fireball

• J Appledog
    Options
    Fireball, I am not a blue cheese fan but Steve loves the stuff. It is readily available at Erika's deli here in GR. JCA

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    J Appledog,
    Thanks. Up untill now I was getting it direct from Iowa. A few years ago while I was serving my Uncle Sam in Southeast Asia my parents would send me "Care Packages" containing Maytag blue cheese. In that heat the mail clerk would get the cheese to me real quick. Thanks again
    Fireball

• Cornfed
    Options
    Fireball,[p]Last time I made this I used Roquefort blue cheese which is my personal favorite. Coincidentally, there was a really cool article in the NYT weekend magazine a couple weeks ago and a special on Emeril a week or so ago about blue veined cheeses. I'll post the article if I can find it.[p]Ummmm....cheese....
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Options
    Painter,[p]Cool, let me know how it turns out. I just pretty much layered on the ingredients one by one. I've only made this a few times and never measured the amounts of each ingredient used. It's tasted great each time, though.[p]Cornfed