Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chili

Options
Rsqare
Rsqare Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been awhile since I've been on the forum. Haven't cooked much since it got cold. One thing to try is your favorite chili receipe in a dutch oven on the egg. Man, it is truly great. Just get the dome temp to about 300 and simmer for a couple of hours(i didn't use much wood chips) Spaghetti sauce is also excellent. Good grillin' to all. Go Titans.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    rsqare,
    You are so correct. Don't get much better. I made a pot a while ago with a big ol chuck roast. Rubbed it with a chili powder based rub, froze for 2 hours, and smoked over heavy mesquite smoke for an hour while thawing. Then seared for 5 minutes on a side. Still mostly uncooked, I refrigerated it to intensify the smoke flavor. Cut it up into cubes, and made a nice cast-iron-dutch-oven-uncovered-on-the-egg chili. Also did cornbread on the egg in cast iron skillet. Don't get much better. Go titans.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    BBChili_013000_01.jpg
    <p />rsqare, I totally agree - in fact, the dutch oven is being filled and the BGE started as I am typing. The recipe below is the combination of a few previous posts - try it, you might just like it!

[ul][li]Gfw's Black Bean Chili[/ul]
  • Ranger1
    Ranger1 Posts: 48
    Options
    Gfw, Man, this stuff looks great! I'll put this little jewel on my "next," list for sure. R1