Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ping BENTE - hanger steaks

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hi terry[p]just saw your post further below about hanger steaks. ..as others have said, they are also referred to as butcher's steaks, and in french restaurants as "onglet" steaks....they are absolutely not skirt steaks. .. and as others have mentioned its the muscle that connects the diaphram to the inside of the rib cage. . .[p]here is a link that shows some pretty good pics of them . ..good luck trying to find them down there. . .let us know what you turn up. . ..but don't be fooled by cheap imitations :-)
[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2006/messages/255394.htm[/ul]

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Man, I still dream about those after-party hanger steaks. Need to do those soon![p]Ribs tonight.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, Kroger is calling these "flat iron steaks" in Tennessee. They were as good as any beef I have ever had. Very juicy,tender. Thanks for the pictures, if you see in your local market...BUY SOME... "PUT THEM ON YOUR EGG "...use lighted charcoal under 'em, NOOBIES...heeee

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    tnslagamater,[p] Flat Iron Steaks come from the Center of the Blade Chuck Roast
    [ul][li]More Beef! Is whats for dinner!![/ul]
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks max i appreciate it i told the guys at publix about it they said they couldn't get it at this point the manager told me he would be speaking with the regional guys who speak to the processers. he told me he would not promise anything but they usually come through for me
    thanks again
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    tnslagamater,
    We get the flatiron's down here in Mississippi, and I think they are an excellent quick sear steak....and the price is right. Good for fajitas or just seared.
    Bob