Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad News for All the Egg Family

Options
YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is a tremendous shock....I just received a phone call from KennyG's sister that he has passed away. As a lot of you know, he lived alone and an autopsy is being done at this time. As details are received, I'll keep you informed.[p]KennyG was one of the origial Eggers and an originator of the first Eggtoberfest. Like us, many of you enjoyed being with him just last week. In fact, he spent a few days with us & Julie & Steve Applegate in Augusta before we came to Atlanta. We loved him dearly and will sorely miss him. As I said, we are in shock right now and don't know what else to say.[p]Larry (YB) & Kaye

Comments

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    YB,[p]indeed a sad day in the egg family - kennyg and i cooked side by side at the first eggtoberfest - my grand-kids always ask for his honey jerk shrimp - visited with alyce and i at one of the toadfests - a quality man - a great friend - he will be missed[p]mr toad

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    sorry to hear bad news like that - he will be missed
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    YB,
    i believe i remember him. sounds like i should of tried to meet him in atlanta.
    my condolances
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    YB,
    That is just to hard to believe, after seeing him only 1 week ago.....that really sucks....Kenny touched and helped many people, and he will be dearly missed....Thanks for the word Larry..[p]
    Wess & Sally

• Sandbagger
    Options
    YB, This is truly sad news. I met him at the after party last weekend and had a very enjoyable conversation with him. We have lost a very creative and innovative person. Tom

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    YB,[p]I am completely shocked. He cook only a few feet from me at Eggtoberfest. [p]Kenny will forever hold a place in my memory as one of the original Eggheads. His wisdom inspired so many here on the forum.[p]A very sad day here in Eggville.[p]Smokey
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning YB:[p]Like the rest of the egg family I am in total shock! Last year at my first EggtoberFest I only was able to say hi and this year talked with him for only few minutes when I picked up the paprika, but it was obvious from reading his posts and everyone's followups that he will be missed greatly. Our prayers go out to his family.[p]Jay & Kathy

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    YB,
    This is a tremendous shock! I spent a good bit of time with Kenny at the fest last week and he was kind enough to bring several of us some of that great paprika. A terrible loss........

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    YB,
    Oh Man. I'm so very sorry. I met him for the first time last weekend and was so excited to finally meet him. This is hard. I know you guys were very close. Keep me posted.[p]Mike

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    YB,[p]This is cerainly a shock. We roomed together at a couple of Waldorf eggfests. He was a very good friend. Sue and I both feel as if our brother just passed. We will miss him dearly.[p]Sue and Spin
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    YB,
    I grew up on this Forum reading his posts. It was easy to see that he contributed a lot and had many good friends. He will be missed.[p]Spring "Silent Moment" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• aka mr. Earl
    Options
    YB,[p]Not KennyG... He was sort of the Naked Whiz of thermometers and had the neatest collection ever. When I knew him the board was a lot more exciting and KennyG had a good way of dealing with some of the wilder folks back then. He will be missed.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    YB,[p] I knew him only by his posts here, but I shall raise a toast to his life on Earth and wish him well on his next journey.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    YB,[p]I am so sorry. My husband and I had the good fortune to meet him, and we had a nice conversation about Alaska & seafood. He was a genuinely nice guy that was open & fun to talk to. He will certainly be missed.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    YB,
    Very sad, he will be missed. -RP

• dixee6
    dixee6 Posts: 17
    Options
    YB,
    Condolensces from our family to KennyG's family and the Egghead family as well. Our thoughts and prayers out to you.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    YB,
    Methinks that JJ needed another drinking buddy.[p]A glass shall be raised in his honor.
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    YB,[p]Oh, man, that is terrible news. I remember hanging out with him a few Eggfests ago late into the after-party, talking chili. He even gave me some of his private stash chile peppers that evening. A huge loss, and he will be missed.
    Cornfed

• WessB
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Amen brother..well said, and completely understood.
    A toast...!!!!![p]Wess

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    bgekennyg.jpg
    <p />YB,
    Wow, I'm so sorry! Here's the photo I have in the Rogue's Gallery, for those who never met him. What a big loss! Yes, he will be missed.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    YB,
    Our condolences to his biological family, as to his Egg family. It was such a delight to finally meet him this year in Atlanta.[p]Ken & Diana

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    YB,
    MEt him once long ago. Neat guy.

• YB,
    I am shocked and stunned to hear this sad, sad news. KennyG was one of the original participants on the Forum and was also one of the main contributors in helping to launch the first Eggtoberfest. All of us who knew and loved him will miss him more than words can say. [p]Love and prayers
    Brenda

• Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    YB,
    What can one say? We can just bow our heads and thank having had the chance to have met him.[p]Saddened,
    Morro Bay Rich

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    So sorry to hear this news, Larry. I'm sending out my thoughts and prayers.[p]TRex
  • WessB
    Options
    kennyg%20(Medium).JPG
    <p />YB,
    Kenny and his wonderful chili and his one of a kind pan. Eggtoberfest 2003.[p]Wess & Sally

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    YB,[p]Having only met hom this last weekend, it's hard to imagine that he is gone.[p]The posts here speak volumes about what he was as a person![p]Have a little fun every day...you just never know!!!!!![p]Evans[p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    YB,
    Wowser! While I never met the man in person we chatted a few times via email. I have several of his recipes in my notebooks. R I P KennyG

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • YB,[p]My Polish buddy Kenny. Gindobre. He just ordered some guava and kiawe last august and was looking forward to using it again. Last time was when we met here on the forum back in 97 or 98.[p]Cleveland will not be the same with out him. Neither will we. I will really miss him![p]Aloha,[p]Greg
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    YB,[p]A new friend. We met him only a week ago.[p]So sorry.... So very sorry.[p]Rodger & Gloria