Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Temp for Deer back ham

Beer-n-EggsBeer-n-Eggs Posts: 36
edited 11:05PM in EggHead Forum
Aight, I've got a deer rear ham that I'm throwin on the egg in the morning to get ready for the big GA/FL football game. But, I've never done a deer ham before and I need to know what the final temp should be and what an estimate is on time per pound.[p]Thanks!
Buster

·

Comments

• Does nobody know the answer to this???
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Beer-n-Eggs,
    I always take mine off at 125 to 130 degrees....If you over cook the ham it will be like shoe leather.Hope this helps.
    Larry

·
  • Thanks YB,[p]Any idea how long per pound. My ham is 11 lbs.[p]Do you wrap it in aluminum foil and then close to the end remove the foil or vice versa or not use foil at all?[p]Thanks!

·
  • YB,[p]Also, what temp do you cook it at?[p]Thanks!
    Buster

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Beer-n-Eggs,
    Sorry for the late reply but we just got back home.I cook the deer ham on 400 degrees until it reaches 125 and then let it rest for about 20 minutes.It should take about 2 1/2 or 3 hours.I cook it indrect after the sear.
    Larry

·