Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grill Store

Options
124»

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I believe BGE may have miscalculated the level of support for CGS.  They may have been better off with some type of bundling arrangement with CGS.

Phoenix 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Plus, CGS is not available outside the US - another area where BGE can sell easily through their distribution. Should have tried to do a deal rather than steal the product though.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    #imwithtom
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sorry to hear about this 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    No better time than now to add a Woo for the 2nd large and some accessories for the AR. The support for CGS is well represented here
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• UNCHeels08
    UNCHeels08 Posts: 116
    Options
    Tom, best of luck to you. I hope you are able to get this settled in a fair manner for you and your business.

I've had my egg for less than a year, but based on recommendations here I went with the PSWoo, extender and sliding D grid, and a couple sizes of drip pans. I couldn't imagine doing my normal cooks without those, they are made perfectly for the tasks at hand and I've gotten a couple other egg owners to get some after seeing mine.
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    My adjustable rig is used for almost every cook.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Not very classy BGE. I have a few of Tom's products, they are very well made and customer service is outstanding.

Tom, we hope all works out for the best, you have my support!

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    I wonder how much of this stuff is under patent
  • Hoosier_Smoker
    Options
    Just placed an order for PSWoo-CI, spider, wok, and a few accessories. The reputation of CGS on this forum speaks volumes.  Very happy to support good ol' American know-how. 
    "Get in my belly!" - Fat Bastard

LBGE - Kick Ash Basket, SS Smokeware Cap, CGS PSWoo-CI, Spider, Wok, Broil King Gasser
    Noblesville, IN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Appears the thread has been sunk.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Monday morning bump. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited March 2018
    Options

sinking

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    johnnyp said:

sinking

Not on my watch - bump to the top!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Looking to add some of these products after seeing the video. Have to go with CGS since not available at egg dealer.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I ordered a PSWoo with Extension Rack and D Grid within a few days of getting my Egg. The quality is awesome. CGS Rocks! Need to get those drip pans still. Also, recommended them to a buddy of mine who is deciding which egg to get.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I just ordered a lot of things, I had been putting off, until my PS broke (again). My XL and My MM will now be set up for the big leagues.
    I will not buy any accessories for my Eggs, anywhere else.
    Thank you Tom. I appreciate all the work you have done.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I need to get my list together and make an order. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    They def sunk this thread. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• UNCHeels08
    UNCHeels08 Posts: 116
    Options
    Bump
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE
  • Roll_Tide_Roll
    Options

Tom I just want you to know I support you and your business 110%. I have enjoyed the products you provide for a quite some time. I was disgusted to see what BGE potentially may have in mind to bring to market in comparison to the products you offer. I tend to steer clear of any business that comes off as shady to me and the masses. BTW, I'm detecting Shady in a really big way here and it sure looks like I'm not the only one.

Give em hell Tom!

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    blind99 said:
    caliking said:
    I wonder what their plan is for copying your above-and-beyond-level of service??

More than once, it’s been said on the forum “call Tom. He’ll set you up without trying to up-sell anything.” I’m hoping that your attention to the customer and your great products will put you up on top of all this. 
    @caliking I called Tom and he WOULD NOT upsell me despite my trying. I wanted more goodies and he recommended I learn the capabilities of the basic package and then order more when I knew what I needed. 

Great store, great service, great product. 
    Same here! I called Tom told him what I was looking to buy, he said I didn't need all I was considering buying. He talked me into a much less purchase and I've been extremly pleased with his recomendations. Great guy, Great company!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    piney said:
    blind99 said:
    caliking said:
    I wonder what their plan is for copying your above-and-beyond-level of service??

More than once, it’s been said on the forum “call Tom. He’ll set you up without trying to up-sell anything.” I’m hoping that your attention to the customer and your great products will put you up on top of all this. 
    @caliking I called Tom and he WOULD NOT upsell me despite my trying. I wanted more goodies and he recommended I learn the capabilities of the basic package and then order more when I knew what I needed. 

Great store, great service, great product. 
    Same here! I called Tom told him what I was looking to buy, he said I didn't need all I was considering buying. He talked me into a much less purchase and I've been extremly pleased with his recomendations. Great guy, Great company!
    I had same experience . The guy looks out for the customer first and will not sell stuff just for the sake of selling it...,this is known as high integrity sales
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    is this sunk?
    Options
    is this sunk?
    Sinking deeper every day.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JMJ
    JMJ Posts: 52
    Options
    So, yesterday I placed an order at CGS (BIG thing for me, living in Sweden, shipping and all). After a swift e-mail conversation with Tom @tjv the items to order were pretty clear (excellent service - thank you, Tom!). I decided to get an AR with the extender and a half moon bundle, and also a spider with which I wanted to order a SS 13" grid. Since this grid is BGE manufactured it couldn't be ordered online - I had to call the store for it (I did, thank you Terri!). This was not the case a couple of days ago. Today, the CGS site seems to have changed, primarily the BGE accessories seems to be revised (not gone, I hope?!). Am I just paranoid here, or is something going on with the patent thing?

Writing this because I know how much CGS has meant to the members of this forum, and because that dedication has spread all the way to where I am. 

If this is what I dread, I'm gonna light the coals outside my Egg and put the AR on top of it, when they arrive.

Tom and Terri - thinking of you.