Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Ok, who is watching Dwayne this year? I am bringing a folding chair, I think Mike is bringing a blanket.....
    Just a heads up, this is a full-time job.
    Y’all need to get off Dwayne's back.....can’t a brother catch a few winks? Dwayne....drankin and cookin...cookin and drankin is hard work. Sleep on brother.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Ok, who is watching Dwayne this year? I am bringing a folding chair, I think Mike is bringing a blanket.....
    Y’all need to get off Dwayne's back.....can’t a brother catch a few winks? Dwayne....drankin and cookin...cookin and drankin is hard work. Sleep on brother.
    Hell, I can barely stay awake on the cou 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited March 2018
    Any brought all three of her pets both yrs. 
    Only two were well behaved, the other one....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I will be there to help out on Friday afternoon.  However Cindy says...No I meant, that my wife...er No again, I have to be somewhere important after 9.  Yes that's it. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    bucky925 said:
    I will be there to help out on Friday afternoon.  However Cindy says...No I meant, that my wife...er No again, I have to be somewhere important after 9.  Yes that's it. 
    I think they lock the gate around 8pm.  So hypothetically if you didn’t know that in advance you could get stuck and have to hang with us all night.  Hypothetically...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Support mode only brother, support mode. We just want to keep him comfortable..

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    I feel so loved :heart:
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    YukonRon said:
    It still temains a family friendly event. People bring their pets.
    Is that what Nichole is calling Brent these days?
    Tournament time I see. Yet, I’d be ok with that. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Tournament time. Liking it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    Go Blue Devils.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    edited March 2018
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Ron....you are the best......our Butt Blast Tucker inner.  =)

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Won't be long now! I will be @site 37 probably on Thursday night or Friday AM. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    We will be site 25 and arrive Friday mid day.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    We’ll be in one of the “Deliverence” cabins, arriving mid-afternoon.  =)
  • Jupiter Jim
    edited March 2018

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited March 2018
    Arriving mid afternoon Friday site 78

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Is most ppl coming in on Friday? I will be in the Gastonia, NC area Thursday and Friday but I might drive up Friday night instead of Saturday morning. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    I plan on getting there mid afternoon and firing up the Roccbox to be ready for y'all as you roll into camp.  I'm signed up for whatever cabin is the furthest away from Brent.  I'm gonna be slinging pies all over the place.  
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I will probably be there earlier this year on Friday as well.  Ain't no way I'm stopping in Asheville on 4/20.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    g8golfer said:
    Is most ppl coming in on Friday? I will be in the Gastonia, NC area Thursday and Friday but I might drive up Friday night instead of Saturday morning. 
    A lot of cooking and frivolity occurs Friday evening brother. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    g8golfer said:
    Yeah you want to be there Friday night if possible.  It's basically an all-night party. Then come morning Robin rolls in with his bloody Marys and we all shake it off to begin the big cook on Saturday.  

This is followed by a second round of partying Saturday night.

Butt Blast is basically a 36-hr straight bacchanal (Friday afternoon through Sunday morning).    
  • Jupiter Jim
    Friday evening and Saturday evening are some of the best times to partake in things like the Zoo, watching grown men sleeping in lawn chairs, Large Egg Domes falling on the ground, some fine dinning and consuming of cooks seasoning! I'm thinking of coming in on Thursday just to get rested up before all the fun gets going.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Ok I will be there Friday evening and partake in the shenanigans 
  • YukonRon
    We get in late Thursday evening.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    g8golfer said:
    Yeah you want to be there Friday night if possible.  It's basically an all-night party. Then come morning Robin rolls in with his bloody Marys and we all shake it off to begin the big cook on Saturday.  

This is followed by a second round of partying Saturday night.

Butt Blast is basically a 36-hr straight bacchanal (Friday afternoon through Sunday morning).    
    Staying in the campground this year John....arriving Friday evening....or whenever Party (Pattie) can get off of work....early I hope. 
    Bloodys will be in tow.......planning for a larger crowd this year.....

• northGAcock
    YEMTrey said:
    I will probably be there earlier this year on Friday as well.  Ain't no way I'm stopping in Asheville on 4/20.
    You sir.....are facing quite the dilemma. I don't think there is a bad option there. Maybe good and gooder at the very least.

• northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    g8golfer said:
    A lot of cooking and frivolity occurs Friday evening brother. 
    I am probably gonna cook this year. There never seems to be enough food.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    YEMTrey said:
    You sir.....are facing quite the dilemma. I don't think there is a bad option there. Maybe good and gooder at the very least.
    Or maybe just roll through real slow with the windows down. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnInCarolina
    bucky925 said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Or maybe just roll through real slow with the windows down. 

That’s some high-minded advice right there.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Not exactly sure what time, but I’ll be there for the Friday night shenanigans!  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95