Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE products

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    RRP said:
    Over the years I've heard BGE corporate is quick to sic their lawyers on any one who uses any form of the word egg on any after market product to be used on a BGE. It has been described as a "come to Jesus" meeting on steroids! One guy said he assumed that nasty lawyer would sue chickens if he could! 
    Yeah even Big Green Craig has had to hire an entire team of lawyers.
    I have never been sued. 
    It was a joke, one I thought was obvious, but perhaps not.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    johnnyp said:

BTW- The guy with the camera (Rob) was the buffalo at one time. Very well still may be. He is their social media guy (and may do other things that I don’t know about as well)

Yep.....sat and bs'd with him for about 10 minutes.  I was hoping to get a group photo with him, @pgprescott, @tjv, and I, but it never transpired.
    Is he still the buffalo? 
    It think so.  Things can change in 6 months, but Rob is who reached out to people during the Eggtoberfest ticket giveaway. 
    Is Rob the read headed fellow?
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    I think BGE is loosing some innovation to other. I've got a buddy that started with an egg then moved to a primo. Honestly, If I hadn't worked for a BGE dealer when I purchased my large, I would have considered a primo. 
    Pratt, KS
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I would have KJ if I had gotten into this right now. #1 kamado in that price range.
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Now that it looks like we're not gonna die from a N Korea nuclear strike, I might invest in some of this.  I'd rather support the CGS than BGE corporate.  I thought the Mini max stand was cool, but I'd rather have a table to bring along that could support the MM and many other things as well.  Hearing the guys name was Marco did make me miss @Don Marco BGE really hosed that guy!
    There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.  Whats the story there?
    Near San Francisco in California
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Lit said:
    I would have KJ if I had gotten into this right now. #1 kamado in that price range.
    I concur.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    If BGE wants to make an improvement, make a fire grate with air flow. Since I made my own fire grates out of expanded metal (pre kick ash basket) I have never again needed a wiggle rod. If they don't want to go full KAB, fine, just make the flat piece.
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Don’t get me wrong, I think BGE should keep trying to innovate and pay attention to what their competitors are doing.  That’s just smart business.  But I really doubt they’re seriously threatened by KJ.  Brand name recognition goes a long way.
    I hope BGE stays relevant forever.  love the brand, the community and culture.

But once upon a time blockbuster probably didn’t worry about Netflix either.  
    Listen to the Podcast Business Wars Netflix vs. Blockbuster - Blockbuster was indeed worried about netflix and even copied their website and infiltrated the netflix warehouses. Then they got stubborn and went under like a sinking ship
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Don’t get me wrong, I think BGE should keep trying to innovate and pay attention to what their competitors are doing.  That’s just smart business.  But I really doubt they’re seriously threatened by KJ.  Brand name recognition goes a long way.

Listen to the Podcast Business Wars Netflix vs. Blockbuster - Blockbuster was indeed worried about netflix and even copied their website and infiltrated the netflix warehouses. Then they got stubborn and went under like a sinking ship
    When Netflix tried to spin off the DVD side of their business I thought Reed Hastings was insane and going to sink his business.  At the time their streaming sucked.

Shows what I know.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    johnnyp said:

When Netflix tried to spin off the DVD side of their business I thought Reed Hastings was insane and going to sink his business.  At the time their streaming sucked.

Shows what I know.

Quickster or something like that??  Their stock tanked, but they new what was coming.

Kodak on the other hand......film is where it's at!!  Although I heard a few weeks ago they were trying to come out with a currency to rival Bitcoin???
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    Seems the vid has created quite a stir, over 84,000 views
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Why don’t they have that video on their YouTube channel?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Can you save a FB live? 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I have a cracked and glued dome cap, I will buy the new cap. Don't care for the stainless one. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I have a cracked and glued dome cap, I will buy the new cap. Don't care for the stainless one. 
    Blasphemer!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Are BGE dealers required to carry a certain amount of BGE branded accessories that is dependent upon their store “level”? 
  • THEBuckeye
    Options
    Are BGE dealers required to carry a certain amount of BGE branded accessories that is dependent upon their store “level”? 
    Yes, Platinum level requires more than Gold. Gold requires more than Silver. Don't know how this would apply given the new product line. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    Options
    Blasphemer!
    I've been called worse.

New Albany, Ohio 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Blasphemer!
    I've been called worse.

Me too! 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    The new mini max stands, integrated nests, and modular tables are pretty slick.  Saw some other upgrades, and more to come apparently.  The racking system is ok, but cgs is still going to be the leader.
    I like the rack in that I can use my existing old plate setter and it makes it seems easier to get out and not get broken.  If it cost a lot more then CGS's adjustable rig, I will look at it if my PS breaks some day.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    The new mini max stands, integrated nests, and modular tables are pretty slick.  Saw some other upgrades, and more to come apparently.  The racking system is ok, but cgs is still going to be the leader.
    I like the rack in that I can use my existing old plate setter and it makes it seems easier to get out and not get broken.  If it cost a lot more then CGS's adjustable rig, I will look at it if my PS breaks some day.
    What they made is an exact copy of the CGS PS WOO. They didn’t copy the AR (yet). 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    https://ceramicgrillstore.com/pages/pswoo-easily-handle-large-egg-conveggtor

Little Rock, AR

• johnnyp
    Options
    I caught a pic of the new nest today.  That looked pretty sweet.  More modern design and appeared to have a handler built-in. 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    I caught a pic of the new nest today.  That looked pretty sweet.  More modern design and appeared to have a handler built-in. 

From the looks of it, the new integrated nest will not work with the old band style.....you have to have the new bands if you have a Large.  Not sure if it's going to be made for the XL, but that system should be good unless you have a really old one.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Hans61 said:
    Can you save a FB live? 
    Ummmm seems like your implying the live video can’t be saved.
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • johnnyp
    Options
    I was asking 
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    I was hoping to see a new BGE gasket like the KJ ones, even if they had to add a latch system to the bands.
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Steel to aluminum. Galvanic corrosion.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

And what is the advantage of moving up the elementary scale?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas