Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood in the Austin area

Options
Is Rockwood available at any of the ACE Hardware stores in the greater Austin area?

I know I can order it but I want to try it this Saturday on some beef ribs.

Thanks in advance!
Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Is Rockwood available at any of the ACE Hardware stores in the greater Austin area?

I know I can order it but I want to try it this Saturday on some beef ribs.

Thanks in advance!

It's available at Ace in Spicewood so I assume some of the others have some. Faraday's Kitchen store in Bee Cave is bringing it in as well. Not sure if it's there yet but I talked to him 2 weeks ago and he said he was bringing it in. 

I have 6 bags right now so you can have one of mine can't find one. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Same as CenTex said.  We buy ours at the Ace Hardware in Spicewood right now.  Call ahead because they might need to order it, or have a limited supply.  Call Faraday's Kitchen Store in the Hill Country Galleria to see if they have it in yet.  My husband and I are going to be teaching some BGE classes there, as is CenTex.  It's a really cool store and they are new to selling BGEs, but very excited about it.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Thanks gentleman. 

I was in the Bee Cave Galleria this morning. 

Didn't know about Faraday. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    @dmchicago.....Uh....I'm not a gentleMAN, I'm a gentleWOMAN!!....See my avatar pic??
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • dmchicago
    Options
    @dmchicago.....Uh....I'm not a gentleMAN, I'm a gentleWOMAN!!....See my avatar pic??

LOL...my bad...I was on my phone.

Please accept my apology!

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    damn skippy!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Thanks gentleman. 

I was in the Bee Cave Galleria this morning. 

Didn't know about Faraday. 
    great store. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    BTW- if you need one I'll need to get with you today. Leaving for Chicago tomorrow am early.
  • dmchicago
    Options
    Thanks, CT. I think I'll head out to Spicewood tomorrow for lunch at It's all Good and stop by the ACE.

Appreciate the offer.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Options
    And bundle up!

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Thanks, CT. I think I'll head out to Spicewood tomorrow for lunch at It's all Good and stop by the ACE.

Appreciate the offer.
    Cool deal. Not a bad day! I haven't eaten there but had some hours old takeout a year ago or so. It wasn't good but that's not their fault. Franklin isn't good in that state either. let me know what you think. Been meaning to give it a try. 

• dmchicago
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Appreciate the offer.
    Cool deal. Not a bad day! I haven't eaten there but had some hours old takeout a year ago or so. It wasn't good but that's not their fault. Franklin isn't good in that state either. let me know what you think. Been meaning to give it a try. 

It's good. Maybe not "All Good". 

Schmidts is better. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    You could go a little further out and go to Opie's, depending on how much time you have.  We really like it alot!

Kelley 
  • dmchicago
    Options
    You could go a little further out and go to Opie's, depending on how much time you have.  We really like it alot!

Haven't tried Opie's. I'll see what my schedule is tomorrow and decide.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    He’s in Nashville today. Saw him and Tom (CGS) @ BGE booth. Lol
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    dmchicago said:

Appreciate the offer.

It's good. Maybe not "All Good". 

Schmidts is better. 
    Oh wow. I'm not a fan of Schmidts so guess I'll pass on It's all good. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Schmidt Family Roast Beefery?
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 482
    Options
    @dmchicago
    I saw it at Breed and Co. on 29th about a week ago. They had about a dozen bags out and it was about $25 per bag
    Austin, TX