Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGtoberfest Recipes - Update

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, the old popcorn kettle has quit popping. I have some 47 recipes or so. I'm going to go ahead and put together a first version thsi weekend and then if I get a few more over the next week or two I'll put together a final edition. Here is what's in there so far. Let me know if I'm missing some that are in the recipe collection on the forum. I can add those easily.
Adobo Chicken
Aladambam White BBQ Sauce
Apple Crostatas on BGE
Atomic Buffalo Turds
Bacon Wrapped Watermelon Rinds
Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Manchego Cheese
Breakfast Pizza
Caramel Breakfast Rolls
Casserina
Cheese Bread
Chef Arnoldi Chili
Corn Pudding
Crown Roast
Daddy Pat’s Mellow Mushroom Bacon Bites
Daddy Pat’s Shake and Grill Firecracker Wings
Dizzy Pig Nad Stew
DZSO Joe’s BBQ Bourbon Sauce
DZSO Joe’s Caribbean BBQ Sauce
DZSO Joe’s Come Back Sauce
DZSO Joe’s Gasparilla BBQ Sauce
DZSO Joe’s Spicy Asian BBQ Sauce
Eggfest Chili Recipe
Eggfest Ribs with No-Cook Barbeque Sauce
EggHatter's Chocolate Dream Roll
Eggribs
Eggtuary's Bourbon Bread Pudding
Georgia Red Wings
Grilled Marinated Hanger Steak
Grilled Salmon
GrillMeister's Disappearing Wings
Harvey Wallbanger Cake
Hong Kong Steamed Salmon
Kathy’s Green Bean Casserole
Kathy’s Peach Cobbler
Leg of Lamb
Lil Brother Smokin Turkey Necks
Miss Alyce's Baked Apples
Mrs. Puj's "Apple Peeler Corer Slicer" Crumb
Paella
Phillipino Fried Rice
Sandbagger's Stuffed Shrooms
Sausage and Biscuits on the 3 Tier Rack
Sausage/Cheese Bread Roll
Sausage - Fatties
Schweineroulade
Tartar/ Dill Sauce
The Great Pumpkin
WessB and SallyB`s Eggtoberfest Stuffed Green Peppers

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Wise One,
    Gonna be in and out over the weekend, but feel free to email it to me and I will post it ASAP...Thanks for all your effort.[p]Wess

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Wise One,
    what happened to the hanger steaks and corrina's spetzle?

• Wise One
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, geesh....
    Casserina
    Grilled Marinated Hanger Steak[p]

• mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I also e-mailed you the recipe. Thought I'd post it here just in case.[p]Drunken Monkey Muffins
    (banana rum raisin muffins)[p]3 c. flour
    1/2 c. Grape Nuts Cereal
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. nutmeg
    1/2 tsp. allspice
    3 eggs
    1 tbs. vanilla
    1 c. raisins with rum (best if soaked overnight, use the liquid & raisins to equal approx. 1 cup)[p]Mix all dry ingredients in a med. bowl (first 8 ingredients). Mash bananas in a large bowl, then add the sugar, apple sauce, eggs, vanilla and rum & raisins. Dome temp. on BGE 375°, stabilize fire until there is no smoke. Use Plate setter legs down. Spray foil muffin cups with cooking spray and fill 2/3's of the way. Put on pizza tray or something like it, I picked up heavy duty round aluminum pans at the dollar store, they were more like serving trays. Bake for 30-35 min or until skewer comes out clean. [p]Garnish with a small slice of banana if you have any on hand and a little bit of the cinnamon sugar butter, recipe below.
    2 sticks unsalted butter[p]Put butter out to come to room temperature. Mix in cinnamon and sugar... enjoy.[p]These muffins also come out great in loaf pans. I usually whip up a batch and throw them on the BGE after I've cooked dinner. I close down the vents and use the residual heat. Basically it doesn't matter what the temp stays at as long as it was over 375° to start. It may take 1 1/2 hours or so to finish cooking. I stick a wooden skewer through the top vent to check if they are done, then I don't lose any extra heat out of the egg.

• Wise One
    Options
    mojopin, got it. Sounds good.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Wise One,
    yeesh, i told you its been a long day . ..thanks for setting me straight. ..

• T-Que
    T-Que Posts: 44
    Options
    Wise One,
    Thanks again for putting this together. I know its a labor of love but its still work. I just wish those Redneck Sushi folks would come thru. Man, I just want to see whats in that...[p]Looking forward to a little eggfest in our neighborhood with these recipes!![p]Thx
    TQ

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    T-Que,
    they emailed it to me conflicted as to wether to paste it here or not without asking i am searching for his address.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Wise One,[p]I had the best time cooking for everyone. I was not sure what to expect. A lot of folks wanted me to post my recipe for Red Neck Sushi - "Spicy Buck Roll". So here is goes.[p]1 lb. Lean Ground Venison
    .5 lbs. Cream Cheese
    3 lbs. Bacon
    1 Jar Sliced Jalapenos
    1 Jar Dizzy Pigs’ – Ragging River
    1 pkg. Skewers or metal skewers.
    1 Jar Tiger Sauce or equivalent sweet and sour sauce[p]Mix the ground venison and cream cheese together. Lay out the bacon strips, flat across a chopping block. Spread a thin layer of mixture on each strip of bacon. Place a slice of jalapeno on each end of the bacon. Sprinkle with raging river. Slice the bacon into two short strips. Roll up from the jalapeno end and stick onto skewer. Marinade in Tiger Sauce for 15 to 20 minutes and then Grill.[p]Grill at 350` to 400`. Best if bacon is not crispy but ham like and is served warm.[p][p]By Tyson Wood[p]Happy grilling. T-Bone

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    T-Bone,
    had one of those, mighty good.
    Bob

• T-Que
    T-Que Posts: 44
    Options
    BENTE,[p]Any luck finding Dan's email to get his approval? Someone down below said he want be "Green Egg Dan" if that helps.[p]Thx
    T-Que