Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new Egg

Options
Grumpa
Grumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got my Big Green Egg and made some steaks on it.....They were wonderfull!!!!

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Were the steaks your first cook? They're what I would recommend - gives you practice learning to get a good fire going to sear, then shut it down to dwell. All-around good practice for temp control.[p]Good job!

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Bob,
    Welcome to the addiction, glad your steaks were as we all they can be, and you are soon to learn..one word of advise would be to pick a forum name, as "Bob" links back to a profile already filed by someone else named Bob...not that that is a big deal.....keep posting your cooks and come here for all your advice..[p]Wess

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Pakak,Yes the steaks were the first things i cooked on the Egg.

• WessB,Thanx for the advice WessB

• Newbs
    Newbs Posts: 188
    Options
    Bob,[p]Welcome aboard. You'll find tons of great info and experience here Bob. If you haven't already checked out the Naked Whiz site for flashback (among tons of other useful/essential egging info)...I'd recommend it highly.[p]Click on the link.[p]Cheers,[p]John[p]
    [ul][li]flashback[/ul]
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Bob,
    I am glad to hear your steaks came out great. I started out with burgers. I purchased my large BGE about a month ago and love it. If you are looking for advice about lump charcoal or for some terrific recipes and facts in general about BGE's check out "The naked Whiz" website. I provided the link below. Everyone in this forum has been very kind... the best advice I have had so far is NOT to use the BGE cookbook that came with the grill. Use this forum and the online recipes and cook times. One exception, I would use the cookbook to calibrate the therometer it can be found on page 30. HOpe this helps. I am EGG-CITED for you![p]Regards, Pharmeggist

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com[/ul]