Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    @DMW- That ticket could represent many deals...Pounding doubles at that rate yields an outcome of its own while a business deal would suggest a split.
    But if corporate $$ I would up the bourbon selection next go round.  FWIW-
    My corporate card does not reimburse alchohol.  You guys with corporate accounts that do are lucky.
    My company permits it. Had a guy one time use his company card for cocaine and strippers (for real) then he couldn't understand why he was terminated.
    I bet he sold the job though. 
    Did the receipt REALLY say HOOKERS AND BLOW? I call BS. Even hookers know to have a shell company.
    Probably paid cash, dealers don't like CC fees.  Then was honest on his personal reimbursement.  Honesty is not appreciated these days.
    Poor guy... 
    That might be the funniest picture ever posted on here.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Acn said:
    I had a buddy send this out on a group text.  It did improve my mood.

You need to visit Lenscrafters!!
  • thetrim
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Watching my $$$$ fly out the window as the AC guy arrives and replaces the coil in our air handler.   
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Watching my $$$$ fly out the window as the AC guy arrives and replaces the coil in our air handler.   
    Bum deal!  Things like that seem to happen to me just when I think I'm getting ahead.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Lamenting to myself about Facebook group moderators. Folks go buck wild when you give them a little power. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Better to take care of this now rather than in another month or two when it starts getting hot here.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    thetrim said:
    The real money kicks it when the tech breaks out the r22 tank 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Is that Freon?  We needed 15 lbs on their first visit?  $hit ain't cheap!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I hope you meant 1.5lbs. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    That's like $10/lb their price, 15/lb if you bought it, and $20/lb (rough guess) on what they charge you in materials.

Options
    owch. 

This is the reason I do my own refrigeration.  Even though I break even in the long run, I have lots of cool gear.

Options
    owch. 

This is the reason I do my own refrigeration.  Even though I break even in the long run, I have lots of cool gear.

"cool" gear? Intentional or are you just inherently funny? :)
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    owch. 

"cool" gear? Intentional or are you just inherently funny? :)
    To my chagrin, the latter. ;)
    Options
    ROV going in. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:
    ROV going in. 

Very cool Scottie.  I like your vantage point over those in the ROV.  Calm waters brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Looks like a ROV coming out, not going in.  Sexier going in though, so It's all good, brother Scottie!
    Options
    Mud Mat heading down. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance.  What is the function of the mud mat?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    it's a mat, that sits on mud.
    Options
    Poor guy... 
    I'm in Thailand and Vietnam twice a year, and lets just say that is a very common sight.
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Forgive my ignorance.  What is the function of the mud mat?
    There are a couple of different kind of Mud Mats. A line Mat sits over an existing pipe line so you can lay another pipe line across it without damaging either line. 
    A umbilcal Mat (as pictured above) is a tie in Point for your umbilicals and flexibles. Think of it as a transfer station and control center. It controls your air, hydraulics, electrical and whatever ever else you may have in your umbilicals and/or flexibles. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @bgebrent
    Here is a pic (although not a real good one) of a line Mat. 

Status- Standing by.

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    It’s what you wipe your feet on at my house 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That is pretty cool Scottie.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Thanks @SGH.  Makes sense.  I can never make sense of @nolaegghead.  He probably means well.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Thanks @SGH.  Makes sense.  I can never make sense of @nolaegghead.  He probably means well.
    I totally mean well.
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL That looks delicious. I assume your using a SLR for your pics? They are nice.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    Options
    slovelad said:
    It’s what you wipe your feet on at my house 
    Sorry brother, where you are it’s a sand mat.  ;)
  • bgebrent
    Options

bgebrent said:
    I totally mean well.
    Totally.