Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dessert suggestion please

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've just acquired my own LARGE GREEN EGG. I'd like my first try to be a dessert....since this was the icing on the cake at the eggfest! Any suggestions as to what to try? Cobblers...or cakes...or whatever....???
This past weekend was great...just wish I had the stamina to party with you at the afterparty....just wait....next year![p]Kim

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    MRS AZRP,[p]
    Congrats on the new Egg.[p]Here's a tasty sweet-dish that sure was a crowd pleaser at the Eggs by the Bay Eggfest this past summer. [p]Thanks to Chubby and Ann.[p]

[ul][li]Posted earlier today[/ul]

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    Options
    MRS AZRP,[p]We sereved this at the egggfest. They were lined up 10 min before it was done and in was gone. Someone even licked the pan. It is designed for a 3 tier rack so you will need a platesetter and need to get her up in the dome a bit. In Atlanta we doubled the recipe.[p]Kathy’s Peach Cobbler[p]With this recipe you want to cook it alone with as little smoke as possible.[p]Here is the batter:[p]1 cup self rising flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    ¾ cup white sugar
    1 cup buttermilk
    mix thoroughly[p]Melt I stick of salted butter in the pan you plan to cook the cobbler [p]Pour the batter on top of the melted butter[p]Take 1 large can of peaches (drained) and spread out across the batter.[p]With the egg at 425 cook on the middle rack until the top is brown. At Eggtoberfest, we made a double batch and cooked it in a disposable aluminum pan (here I checked the internal as the batch was a good bit deeper than we had cooked before. It was @ 210 internal when I pulled it to serve.). We have cooked this in a cast iron skillet with good results.[p]