Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 ingredient pizza dough

jeponline
jeponline Posts: 290
edited January 2018 in Baking
In an effort to keep things a bit healthier, I have been experimenting with a 2 ingredient dough recipe. I still like real dough better, but this was quick to make and a lot less carbs, so I will make it again. 

Dough:
.5 cups (60 grams) self rising flour
.5 cup (127 grams) non-fat Greek yogurt

mix the 2 ingredients until incorporated and than knead the dough for about 3 minutes on a floured surface (I used more self rising flour). 

Pizza:
roll dough flat into pizza crust. This dough will tear easier than normal dough so I’ve be using a rolling pin rather than stretching by hand. 

Ive also been using parchment paper to assist in the launch into the egg and removing it after 3 minutes. 

Cook at 550 for 8 minutes. 

For this pizza I used leftover chicken sausage and turkey meatballs. 

Large BGE
Huntsville, AL

Comments

• Interesting,I’m looking to cut some carbs myself,I think I’ll try this
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Looks like it turned out pretty good! Can't beat the simplicity of the recipe.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • minniemoh said:
    Looks like it turned out pretty good! Can't beat the simplicity of the recipe.
    The longest part of the process was waiting for the egg to heat up.  This will definitely be a go to when i decide at the last minute I want to make pizza.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    How is this fewer carbs if it’s still flour?
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I would have never thought! That is To Easy....Let rise, punch down and roll?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume said:
    How is this fewer carbs if it’s still flour?
    Standard dough requires more flour.  In this recipe the flour is only half the total volume of the dough, in my normal dough receipt it's about 75% of the total volume.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL

• lkapigian said:
    I didn't let it rise, after I kneaded it, I rolled it into a ball which I let sit for about 3 minutes while i cleaned up some dishes, then rolled it out into the crust for the pizza.
    Large BGE
    Huntsville, AL
  • lkapigian
    jeponline said:

lkapigian said:
    I didn't let it rise, after I kneaded it, I rolled it into a ball which I let sit for about 3 minutes while i cleaned up some dishes, then rolled it out into the crust for the pizza.
    even easier
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Thanks for a great idea! I was thinking pizza for Sunday already.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited February 2018
    How is it 2 ingredients? Self Rising flour aka flour with baking soda + Greek yogurt (aka about 6 ingredients right there) for hydration.  Must be using  Common Core Math :wink:
    Looks good .

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lkapigian
    How is it 2 ingredients? Self Rising flour aka flour with baking soda + Greek yogurt (aka about 6 ingredients right there) for hydration.  Must be using  Common Core Math :wink:
    Looks good .

Comes from Only 2 Containers/Packages =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • I will be trying this as well. Thanks for sharing.

Those of you who don’t have self-rising flour can make it yourself. https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-self-rising-flour-232729
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited February 2018
    I need to watch my sodium intake (less now than before, but still...). When making many things, I just use half or less (sometimes even none) of the salt called for in the recipe. I tried that with pizza dough and it was just not good. At all. Baking is like that.

I also tried cauliflower pizza dough. Once. 

I decided I would rather eat less frequent pizza - and like it - than eat pizza that isn't very good. So now I put salt in the dough, cheese on the pie and even some pepperoni once in a while. I don't do it nearly as often, but when I do, I enjoy it! 

If your yogurt pizza is good enough, fine. If it doesn't meet your standards, you might consider my approach. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• How is it 2 ingredients? Self Rising flour aka flour with baking soda + Greek yogurt (aka about 6 ingredients right there) for hydration.  Must be using  Common Core Math :wink:
    Looks good .

Ha ha so true Blake. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2018
    For "2 ingredients", it's got more life/spring than one of Nola's pies(not joking).

Applaud the effortless approach.

But Neapolitan is as simple as I get.
    Water, 00, yeast, salt.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Thanks for posting this. Tried it today and liked it a lot. Quick, easy, tasty.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• Carolina Q
    Ok, I'm gonna have to try this. KA even has a "recipe" for self rising flour so I don't have to buy a whole bag of flour I'll never use if this doesn't work out. =)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• I sort of felt the same way, but a 2-pound bag of self-rising flour was $1.79, so I figured it was worth the gamble.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• Carolina Q
    I sort of felt the same way, but a 2-pound bag of self-rising flour was $1.79, so I figured it was worth the gamble.
    LOL, touché. 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Just finished mixing the dough for a 16 hr rise for tomorrow.  ...too lazy to walk to kitch and snap a pict but ill get a few picts tomorrow of some of the pies...
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Focker said:
    For "2 ingredients", it's got more life/spring than one of Nola's pies(not joking).

Applaud the effortless approach.

But Neapolitan is as simple as I get.
    Water, 00, yeast, salt.

Come on Focker...if you're going to troll, and least make your BS somewhat factual.

OP

Nola

:rofl:
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....