Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NY style pizza crusts on egg! (PICs)

Options
waruwaru
waruwaru Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
tinypix.bmp
<p />I've been reading the Pizza Making forum, and thought I would give Tom Lehmann's crust a try (see link below for recipes). Couldn't find King Arthur Sir Lancelot flour around here, so used King Arthur's Bread Flour + some vital wheat glutten instead. Started last night, so I let the dough rested on counter overnight, instead of wait 24-48 hours in the fridge.[p]One of them was topped with half pepperoni + onion + mozzarela-cheese, and the other half Elder Ward's pulled-pork + sauce-B + onions + Mexican-4-cheese-mix. The other one had pork-sausages + tomato + clam + onions + mozzarela-cheese.[p]TomLehmannDough.jpg[p]Uncooked-PepperoniPulledPorkPizza.jpg[p]Uncooked-SausageTomatoClamPizza.jpg[p]I think my BGE therometer might be on the fritz, the temperature is about 450-500. Both of them cooked for about 11-12 minutes (one after another). Both of the 14-inch pizzas came out well. I think I pressed down too much when I made my pizzas on the pizza screen, so both of them stuck a little after cook. Next time I will brush with some EVOO first. I think I liked the spicy pulled pork pizza the best![p]BGE-fire.jpg[p]Post-PepperoniPulledPork.jpg[p]Post-SausageTomatoClamPizza.jpg[p]Post-CrustBottom.jpg[p]Post-CrusStructure.jpg[p]
[ul][li]Tom Lehmann's NY Style Pizza using Pete-zza's formula[/ul]

Comments