Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football

Options

Comments

• DirtyMingusMcGee
    Options
    Sheeet, it'll take a lot more than players doing something I don't agree with for me to stop watching the NFL.

Now it's up to the steelers to keep the pats out
    Located deep in the heart of the Dirty South...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe the NFL needs a mercy rule. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    I watched a few college games but no pro games this year. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe the NFL needs a mercy rule. 
    Yes.  
    Options
    College games for the more random play-calling, unpredictability and less scripted game-plans.  Much more loosely structured than the NFL.  And more fun throughout the season. 
    But once you get to the NFL play-offs the superior skill-set that those guys bring is clearly evident.  The speed of play is the biggest differentiator. There is no contest.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    "Tell it like it is Howard."  Cosell- one of the most divisive announcers in sports but he knew his stuff.  I appreciated his ability to fire up a $hit-storm over most anything.  
    Boxing was his forte and his relationship with Muhammed Ali (formerly known as Cassius Clay) was extraordinary.  
    Divisive - wtf?
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    One thing the NFL is terrified of: being labeled as racist if they enforce their rule that you must stand for national anthem...i heard such a rule exists but i have no idea where to find it.  

The thing is, kaepernick is out of a job and when next season starts nobody will give a sh!t about him, what he stands or kneels for or any political agenda he has.  Moreover entertainers like him who used their celebrity to advance an agenda completely turn of members of their fan base.  Hollywood sex scandals, lectures to me from people who fly on private jets about how i am bad for the earth can shove it.   Entertainment is an escape from reality, not a platform from which entertainers can force feed their audience their own agenda.

The NFL has a huge problem, and i'm not sure they have come up with a solution.   I think they will double down on stupid.  Thisll be a sideshow for awhile but i admit i love the game so much that i do watch the playoffs partially..and i will watch the super bowl.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    "Tell it like it is Howard."  Cosell- one of the most divisive announcers in sports but he knew his stuff.  I appreciated his ability to fire up a $hit-storm over most anything.  
    Boxing was his forte and his relationship with Muhammed Ali (formerly known as Cassius Clay) was extraordinary.  
    Divisive - wtf?
    Well, Cossell was very publicly supportive of the "Kaepernicks" of his day - the black athletes in the 1968 Olympics that raised their fists in the black power salute during the playing of the US national anthem during their medal ceremony.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DirtyMingusMcGee
    Options

Located deep in the heart of the Dirty South...
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Browns vs Bama?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Browns vs Bama?
    Browns would blow them out. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Browns vs Bama?
    Like, really, really bad.

The best, honest conversation I ever heard about this (college vs pros) came on Mike and Mike.  

Forget the splashy, skill position players.  An NFL line would dominate the trenches.  They would completely overwhelm the point of attack if playing against a college team. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Browns vs Bama?
    Agreed.  The difference between pro and collegiate is vast.  UCF would be a better matchup anyway.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Romo. is great.   I actually like Collinsworth, but I can’t stand Joe buck.  I also don’t like Dan Fouts, but he WAS in waterboy.   He has that going for him.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    MLK’s niece supports Trump!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Wow. Bortles and Foles in conference championship games!  Congrats New England on another trip to the SB. 
    I'd protest this league, not for the kneeling, but for the product on the field.  Pure crap.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Joe Buck's dye job is so tremendously bad, you would almost swear he was wearing a rug.
    Stillwater, MN
  • eggforever
    Options
    Steelers were the kneelers today... LMAO 
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Love both college and NFL. Grew up watching it and going to games (season ticket holder). While I don’t agree with kneeling during the anthem, I don’t watch these guys for their politics, I want to watch a damn football game. 

Pulling for the Jags the rest of the way!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Some lemon booty here from the Vikings.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Saints fans right now:

I’m not even a Saints fan and I said the same thing. That was shocking and no one saw it coming. Not even the Vikings.   Was a great game to the last second. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Marcus Williams definitely didn’t see it coming. What a sad excuse for a tackle. 
    Snellville, GA

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    SGH said:
    Saints fans right now:

I’m not even a Saints fan and I said the same thing. That was shocking and no one saw it coming. Not even the Vikings.   Was a great game to the last second. 
    Yeah.  Great game.  My condolences to Saints fans.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Football combines the two worst parts of American life.  It is violence interrupted by committee meetings.

- George Will

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Not only did he whiff, he managed to wipe out the corner from making the tackle. Total fail!