Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cooking 2 pork shoulders at the same time, time question

JMcJMc Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking 2 pork shoulders this weekend on my XL egg and need help in figuring how long additional time over cooking 1, if there is any.[p]Does cooking 2 15lb pork shoulders take significantly longer?[p]
Thanks

·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    JMc,
    Two shoulders cooking at the same temp and same size should take the same amount of time as one would. Maybe a little longer for the extra cool mass and providing they are not touching. -RP

·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    JMc,[p] Two that size on the XL doesn't make much difference. I have fit six 7-8 pounders on mine. I took one off just because, but I think it would have handled it well.[p] Just curious is that 15 pounds in the Cryovac? If so you may have four.
    ·
  • JMcJMc Posts: 6
    Celtic Wolf,[p]
    nope fresh.[p]
    more curious about the cooking time when cooking 2 instead of one.[p]
    Ill be smoking at 225....[p][p]thanks

·
    AZRP,[p][p]Thanks, that is what i figgered. just did not want to invest the wrong amount of time[p]
    Thanks!!

·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    JMc,[p] 1-2 hours depending on the amount of fat, bone and connective tissue. But with 15 pounders you are looking at 15+ hours to reach 190+[p] The size of those two on the XL won't make much difference.
    ·
    Celtic Wolf,[p]
    sounds good, thanks for the help!

·
  • jimmyjimmy Posts: 34
    JMc: I smoked 30 lbs of shoulder (four pieces boneless )last weekend on my XL. 220 for 24 hours....wrapped 'em and threw 'em in the cooler for 2 hours......good eating. I am smoking another 30 lbs tonight............
    ·