Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cooking 2 pork shoulders at the same time, time question

JMcJMc Posts: 6
edited 1:36AM in EggHead Forum
I am cooking 2 pork shoulders this weekend on my XL egg and need help in figuring how long additional time over cooking 1, if there is any.[p]Does cooking 2 15lb pork shoulders take significantly longer?[p]
Thanks

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    JMc,
    Two shoulders cooking at the same temp and same size should take the same amount of time as one would. Maybe a little longer for the extra cool mass and providing they are not touching. -RP

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    JMc,[p] Two that size on the XL doesn't make much difference. I have fit six 7-8 pounders on mine. I took one off just because, but I think it would have handled it well.[p] Just curious is that 15 pounds in the Cryovac? If so you may have four.
  • JMcJMc Posts: 6
    Celtic Wolf,[p]
    nope fresh.[p]
    more curious about the cooking time when cooking 2 instead of one.[p]
    Ill be smoking at 225....[p][p]thanks

AZRP,[p][p]Thanks, that is what i figgered. just did not want to invest the wrong amount of time[p]
    Thanks!!

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    JMc,[p] 1-2 hours depending on the amount of fat, bone and connective tissue. But with 15 pounders you are looking at 15+ hours to reach 190+[p] The size of those two on the XL won't make much difference.
    Celtic Wolf,[p]
    sounds good, thanks for the help!

• jimmyjimmy Posts: 34
    JMc: I smoked 30 lbs of shoulder (four pieces boneless )last weekend on my XL. 220 for 24 hours....wrapped 'em and threw 'em in the cooler for 2 hours......good eating. I am smoking another 30 lbs tonight............