Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multiple pizzas

Options
Stuart
Stuart Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm serving pizza too guests tonight and plan on cooking 3 pies. Although I've prepared two pizzas in the past I've never done three. It's been months since egging pizza so I'm rusty on that as it is so any practicle advice on cooking 3 would be appreciated. How do YOU keep that fresh from the egg quality on the first (and second) as the following pies cook?

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Stuart,[p]Preheat your oven to 200º or warm and place the pies in there directly on the rack as you remove them.
    Zip

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    pizza2.jpg
    <p />Stuart,[p]The only time I have done three pies was when we had a bunch of people over. I do 11-12" pies and they take about 14-16 min to cook. The third might take a little less time to cook the crust as the stone gets hotter. Smaller pies will take less time. Since mine take about 15 min to cook, I do the one I eat from last and let everyone start eating them as they are done. Holding in the oven would be the only way I can think of to hold them until all three are done.[p]Tim

• Stuart
    Stuart Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm surprised the solution of "Buy another Egg" wasn't suggested. Good thing though, I probably would have begrudingly followed your advice. Darn![p]Thanks, you've confirmed my thoughts. Pizza and Wings for dinner tonight!