Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ghee whiz

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For Valentine's day, I tried Spin's butter on steak. I couldn't believe how perfect that was. Made a Valentine's day hit. [p]I got some nice dry-aged, rib-eyes. Put on the ground pepper and salt. I grilled them off at 650-700* for 4/4/2. Before I grilled them I took 3 maybe four tablespoons of unsalted butter put it over medium heat till I got them bubbles, then I just put it own low heat until the steaks were ready. I just poured the warm butter on the steaks (after they rested for 5 to 10 minutes). [p]We had the steaks, salad and petit eclairs and cannolis. [p]Spin, thanks for the tip.

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    char buddy,[p]Glad you both enjoyed them. Sounds like going out for Valentines Day is now history.[p]Spin

• char buddy
    Options
    Spin,[p]Yeah, it does look that way. [p]Tonight I'm doing a pulled pork I started last in the afternoon yesterday. it was done mid-morning and I've been picking at it all day.[p]Funny thing. On this cook I started up the lump from the bottom with oak chips interspersed. One minute the BGE was throwing off smoke as it warmed up, then all of a sudden it belched a hugh ball of fire and lept from 150 to 300 in a few seconds. I think I read about this somewhere in the archives, but it was a first for me. Talk about your great balls of fire. It took a few hours to get the egg to climb back down to 225*. The butt suffered no damage.