Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbee Question Eggtoberfest

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just some questions about Eggtoberfest. Is there any fees once you get into the fest? Costs for trying food? Drinks? Never been. How's the weather during the event?

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Jason Hillbrand,
    The food and drinks are free on the inside. Latest forcast is looking good. The admission price is buying the location and meet and greet and providing the beverages. That cost is waved for those cooking.[p]See ya there!

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Jason Hillbrand,Eat a very light breakfast, if any at all, for you start the day with Egged Breakfast, end with Egged Dinner, and then to the parking lot for after Fest Eggin[p]The weather has been great the last three years. A little cool in the morning and late at nite but hot during the day. Wear good walking shoes because you will be following around the circle all day long at the menu changes and you seek to try it all.[p]I tell folks that don't even own an Egg that the cost of getting in is well worth it if you like great food. I don't think the water wagon has ever gone dry either,[p]Looking forward to EGGFEST,
    Poppasam

• Poppasam,
    So, is it like Taste of Chicago and you buy tickets or like the Fall Festival we have here in Evansville, IN and you pay at each both? http://www.nutclub.org/[p]Sorry, just don't want to get down there and not be prepared.[p]jason

[ul][li]http://www.nutclub.org/[/ul]
  • Buzzy
    Buzzy Posts: 29
    Jason Hillbrand,
    After you check in there are no additional costs for the beer, soft drinks and food that is being served up. You do have to pay attention since food is coming off eggs at all times and if you want to try something special you may need to hang around that egg to get a sample. You will not go away hungry. You might even explode if you try everything. [p]Last year there were large tents in the center and the eggs were in two rings. The inner ring was just under the tents and the outer ring was out about 15 feet backing up to the trees. This created a race track feel with people cooking everywhere. [p]Food starts being served early, about 9, and went till about 3pm. There are people taking pictures and gathering recipes seriously and some people just having a good time talking, drinking and lounging. The best part is the ability for you to meet all the people that you see here and a bunch that don't post. There is the chance to buy product that you hear mentioned here. There are some that bring their wares for you to try and buy if you like. [p]I believe that the mothership showroom will be open for business if you care to shop there. [p]I hear that the after parties are just a continuation of the party and may be the best part, but I haven't been able to stay that long. [p]Hope this helps, but just come to have fun!
    Kent

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Jason Hillenbrand, No tickets,just walk and enjoy. Friday night and saturday are covered by registration. If you go to the after parties you need to bring your own drink of choice. Something most likely will be cooking at the after event. Good food, good friends, good time is what it is about. Very informal as you move around and meet new folks and try need food ideas. [p]Good Eggin' Weekend,
    Poppasam