Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bone in Ribeye

Merry christmas guys. Hope all of y'all are well during the holidays. Just stuck a bone in ribeye in a SV bath. This is my second time to use it, did some eggs when I opened it just to play around. 

Will sear it off on the egg after about 2 hours in. 

XLBGE 

Comments

• That's a great looking slab of goodness. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Man that is a nice piece of meat. Looking forward to the money shot. On a separate note I think something black has exploded onto your lens. Or either I’m seeing spots. 
    Snellville, GA

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Yep.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,319
    Now that is a protein banquet waiting to happen.  Everyone into the pool  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Man that is a nice piece of meat. Looking forward to the money shot. On a separate note I think something black has exploded onto your lens. Or either I’m seeing spots. 
    I need a new phone but not due an upgrade. It won't focus on print either. But oh well, rather spend my money on steaks than a new phone

XLBGE 
  • If it wasn’t for zooming in on that fine piece of meat I would not have even noticed. Sounds like you have your priorities in perfect order. 
    Snellville, GA

• About to hit the two hour mark. Plan on lighting the egg soon

XLBGE 
  • Looking forward to seeing this cook!  =)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • This was awesome. Maybe next time do the SV for 3 hours. 

Awesome awesome awesome. 

XLBGE 
  • You need the cast iron searing grid to lay those perfect 60 degree sear marks on that beast!! Looks delicious!... 10 o'clock for 1 minute and then 2 o'clock for 1 minute....perfect every time...
    Remember that grilling is more than preparing food… It’s time with family and friends, it’s your heritage and childhood memories….
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Dude with the black gloves I thought this was a cazzy post.  Lol!!    Glad to see your still sticking your head in from time to time.   Protein looks ridiculously good!! 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Straight on point!

Killer!  =)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,319
    Dang- a home-run right there.  Congrats.  A true banquet.  enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Not bad. =)

Seriously, beautiful steak! Try a CI skillet for the sear next time. No crosshatch marks, but more maillard flavor. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    That steak looks PERFECT!!!
  • Awesome brother....  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Thanks guys. It was amazing how juicy it was, and the whole cut was the same doneness very consistent through out. It tasted awesome and texture was just like it had been grilled only. 

Will be doing again for sure. I may bump up to 135, it was incredibly juicy but a little too "bloody" for my wife. I guess if I did two steaks I could still do 130 and just sear hers longer. 

Ive never used cast iron in the egg... I know I need to start trying it. I do have a cast iron griddle built in to my stove top that I love. 

XLBGE 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Awesome looking steaks, nice job.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Hope it tasted as good as it looks. For something that thick I would go a minimum of 2 hours in the hot tub.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    That looks reeee-dic-ulous good...
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Looks great!!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Perfection!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • That cook looks awesome!!! What herbs, if any, did you use in the sous vide bag?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • @Austin Egghead

just garlic salt salt and pepper. I put some butter in there too. I think next time I'll make a butter mix and paste it thin over the whole thing. 

XLBGE