Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Birthday SGH!

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words my friends. And thanks for the Birthday shout out as well.
    For the record, im alive and doing fine. I will be back on land soon and i promise to post that rectum recipe that several of yall have been asking for. It will be titled "Return of the Rectum".
    See yall around mid January or so. Take care and God bless.

@RRP
    Ron, i have not received any of your emails. Just to be sure that you have the right contact info:
    scottieghorton@gmail.com
    228-627-5400.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    SGH said:

@RRP
    Ron, i have not received any of your emails. Just to be sure that you have the right contact info:
    scottieghorton@gmail.com
    228-627-5400.
    Well...that explains a lot! I wonder who the poor sap is that I have sent emails to as it sure wasn't you! Sorry about that! But thanks for the correct address! and Happy Birthday again!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Happy Birthday bud!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Happy birthday Scottie. Looking forward to your return to the forum. Not so much the recipe though. 
    Snellville, GA

• GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you. I have never met you but I have used your posts many times and wish you the best.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    HB Scottie! I wish you many more!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Happy birthday! Hopefully many anus' in your future. I hope to meet you some day.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    RRP said:
    Seems to be by now if Scottie knew of these well wishes he would have said something! I stand by what I asked in my earlier post - does anyone know of his "well being"? He hasn't answered my emails for a few months now. I know his Mother passed away this year and between that and perhaps being out in some ocean laying pipe he has been busy, but not a single peep seems strange! Yo, nola - can you give him a phone call and let us know?
    Exchanged a few texts with him about a week ago, I think he's fine, just working his a$$ off.

Happy belated birthday Scottie, hope things are well.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm sure there's light at the end of the tunnel, Scottie.  May the anus be with you...

Options
    Happy belated birthday Scottie. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Happy Birthday Scotty
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Ron, here is a shot of DB-50. To give you an idea of just how big it is, this pic was taken from just over a half a mile away. 
    She can lift 4,400 tons to a height of 303 feet. It can lower 480 tons to a depth just shy of 12,000 feet. 
    That IS HUGE!!! Curious - with that much height and weight it would appear to be quite top heavy though I'm sure it isn't - so how much structure is there below water?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Ron, here is a shot of DB-50. To give you an idea of just how big it is, this pic was taken from just over a half a mile away. 
    She can lift 4,400 tons to a height of 303 feet. It can lower 480 tons to a depth just shy of 12,000 feet. 
    That IS HUGE!!! Curious - with that much height and weight it would appear to be quite top heavy though I'm sure it isn't - so how much structure is there below water?
    At any given time, there is at least 41 foot of barge under water. When its lifting to max, they flood the barge and sink it even deeper for stability.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @RRP
    Ron, not that it matters much, i made a typo above. There is 31 feet of barge under water. Total hull depth is 41 feet in depth. 10 feet above the water line and 31 feet below the water line.
    the length of the barge is 500 feet and the width is 151 feet.

Status- Standing by.

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Sorry I missed this earlier. Happy birthday, buddy and wishing you many more. Hope all is well and you make it back on dry land soon.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SGH
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Sorry I missed this earlier. Happy birthday, buddy and wishing you many more. Hope all is well and you make it back on dry land soon.
    Thank you sister. If things stay on schedule, I will be sitting pretty just this side of Biloxi around January 15th. Give or take a day either way. I’m ready. I need a break. Hope you have a safe and happy holiday sister. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Scottie, plan for Butt Blast and join us.  A gathering of kindred souls.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Merry Christmas Scottie @SGH
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Yes, Merry Christmas @SGH .  
    You must be bankrolling for your escape to the Caribbean island you intend to buy.  Happy New Year too.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2017
    Options
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    You must be bankrolling for your escape to the Caribbean island you intend to buy.  Happy New Year too.  
    Merry Christmas to you and your family brother Cap. I will say this my friend, with Trump at the helm, the money is pouring in like rain from heaven. After 8 miserable years of tax and spend policies, it feels good to have a pocket full of money again. Brings back precious memories of the Glory Days of Big Ron. 
    Not a Trump fan here but certainly prefer a fiscally responsible government.  The Canuck government brought in the 100% write off for equipment the first year about thirty years ago and back then we had money falling out of our pockets.

And happy birthday too

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    Merry Christmas to you and your family brother Cap. I will say this my friend, with Trump at the helm, the money is pouring in like rain from heaven. After 8 miserable years of tax and spend policies, it feels good to have a pocket full of money again. Brings back precious memories of the Glory Days of Big Ron. 
    Not a Trump fan here but certainly prefer a fiscally responsible government.  The Canuck government brought in the 100% write off for equipment the first year about thirty years ago and back then we had money falling out of our pockets.

And happy birthday too
    I think the DJT tax plan merits the SGH SEAL OF APPROVAL....

Heck even my dem friends are counting the extra money theyll be recieving in the 2018 paychecks....