Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ButtBlast 2018

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @johnnyp you're welcome to any cookers.  I will have the large, medium, Blackstone, and the red headed step child (Joe Jr).  

If you want to cook something, we'll find space for you.  

If you don't, no biggie either.  You're a seasoned vet now, you see how things go.  We just cook stuff and eat.  
    @johnnyp before you use Matts Egg make sure the bolt are tight.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    caliking said:
    piney said:
    Sandy and I booked camping site yesterday (37). Looking forward to seeing everyone again.  
    Kitty asked if I wanted to book a site next to you. 

I said “please , no. That guy is trouble. He sends me patients. But the wrong kind. “
    Just to let you know, @piney has told me that he plans on giving you some of his NC moonshine because “that guy needs to grow some hair on his chest!”

I’m not sure what to make of all that but felt like you needed fair warning.
    .....nothing says family friendly like a good ol jar of moonshine. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    caliking said:
    piney said:
    Sandy and I booked camping site yesterday (37). Looking forward to seeing everyone again.  

I said “please , no. That guy is trouble. He sends me patients. But the wrong kind. “
    Just to let you know, @piney has told me that he plans on giving you some of his NC moonshine because “that guy needs to grow some hair on his chest!”

Bring it. I almost won a Hairiest Man contest on a cruise in April. There’s a reason I keep my shirt on at these events. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    piney said:

Bring it. I almost won a Hairiest Man contest on a cruise in April. There’s a reason I keep my shirt on at these events. 
    About to say, totally possible Cali saw Piney shirtless during something that might have been a trucker hose-shower at some poin - could have been my imagination, but I never did see Cali sans shirt.  And I can extrapolate the hairiness based on the perpetual 5PM shadow. 
    Options
    "We just cook stuff and eat"

New tagline for BGE?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    That's what we do, we cook and we know things. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    caliking said:
    piney said:

.....nothing says family friendly like a good ol jar of moonshine. ;)
    At age 7 my grandpa decided I was old enough to appreciate cigars and moonshine.   Of course, that was normal in western Virginia when many of your uncles were in fact moonshiners.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I can attest to the fact that @piney's moonshine is the real deal.   He gave me some last year and it was incredible.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited December 2017
    Options
    CTMike said:
    That's what we do, we cook and we know things. 
    Or to put it more precisely, "That's what we do, we cook, we drink, and we know things."
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Having had my share of the 'shine over the years, I can attest the validity of the above statements, as to the quality of the sample I, of which, I had been treated to, by Sir @piney.

Should that fine vintage treat be made available to you, be sure to thank him. It is the only proper thing to do.

I thoroughly enjoyed my taste of the ethanol concoction, I am certain you will too.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I had Piney's moon shine tested via ICP-MS, and it didn't have any dangerous levels of heavy metals.  
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Having had my share of the 'shine over the years, I can attest the validity of the above statements, as to the quality of the sample I, of which, I had been treated to, by Sir @piney.

Should that fine vintage treat be made available to you, be sure to thank him. It is the only proper thing to do.

I thoroughly enjoyed my taste of the ethanol concoction, I am certain you will too.
    That's a lot of big words.  I suspect that partaking in said libation causes a simplification of the verbiage.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    YukonRon said:

That's a lot of big words.  I suspect that partaking in said libation causes a simplification of the verbiage.
    I assure you, you will not find a more simpleton on this forum, than I.

However, eloquence, of said verbiage, is the least I can possibly do, for the kindness offered to me.

It may not be much in return, but it is all I got.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Despite the constant negative press covfefe
    Options
    I tried it as well, it is the real deal.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Well I was never offered nary drop of said shine! hope to change that come April.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Said shine is life altering, immediately.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I can't believe I didn't get any of this shine @piney. I thought we were tight!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Quit floating carpet, might improve your chances.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The shine is way better than the shade...
    Options
    The shine is way better than the shade...
    Shine over shade every time.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    The first rule of shine is that you don’t talk about shine. Rookies...
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Jason, I will make sure you get a sample @Butt Blast 2018
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    piney said:
    What the hell! Gary I sent you an email step away from the shine and check your email................

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I am getting pumped already....I thought this was kinda early but if you think about it, it's just around the corner.  Last year we had intended to come, but we both came down with the "crud".  This year I will crawl on broken glass to get there!!!!!!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    piney said:
    What the hell! Gary I sent you an email step away from the shine and check your email................
    He has probably been tipping the Moonshine

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    1) @DoubleEgger is correct. Let’s have the untaxed liquor convo offline. 

2) Who is gonna have a plating and photo tent?!?  That would be a tutorial win. I always feel like I have it in the bag and then my caveman instincts kick in and I lose the initiative. 

I’ve got a jar of (see 1)for anyone or a bottle of wine for a spouse willing to put on a plating and photo seminar. 

Im willing to bring the tables, tent, etc for anyone willing to pull food from the event and do a photo class. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    Options

2) Who is gonna have a plating and photo tent?!?  That would be a tutorial win. I always feel like I have it in the bag and then my caveman instincts kick in and I lose the initiative. 

I’ve got a jar of (see 1)for anyone or a bottle of wine for a spouse willing to put on a plating and photo seminar. 

Im willing to bring the tables, tent, etc for anyone willing to pull food from the event and do a photo class. 

If I'm sober enough I can do.  I have all the gear at least.
    Options

I don’t know about doing a class, but I could probably share some tips with you. I’ve learned lots about plating, composition,  taking food pics, etc. from some of the folks here and have managed to fire off some fairly good pics in the past. I don’t always geek out to that extent these days, but it’s fun. 

Just make sure you bring that bottle of whatever. :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.